Sports package games in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishbd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
How many of the games from the sports packages are in HD? I'm talking mostly about MLB Extra Innings & NBA League Pass.

I'm considering switching to DirecTV if this MLB exclusive deal goes through.

Thanks in advance!

How many of the games from the sports packages are in HD? I'm talking mostly about MLB Extra Innings & NBA League Pass.

I'm considering switching to DirecTV if this MLB exclusive deal goes through.

Thanks in advance!

If MLB has been like it has the last two years, there's one game a day and it's usually the sh*t games like Kansas City vs Tampa Bay. This is the 5th year for me with HDTV and there's still not much, especially sports. My HDTV gets older and HD content stays the same. Nice, huh?

This is the 5th year for me with HDTV and there's still not much, especially sports.

I disagree .....
There has been PLENTY of HD SPORTS on, maybe not what your watching, but College football, Pro football.
Basketball is on every night in HD (I don't watch it, I'm not much of a B-Ball fan)
Don't know what the MLB package will include for HD, but I do know that my FSN will finally be available in HD later in the year, that will do me good for baseball and hockey....

Jimbo

Last edited:
Usually about 4 games a week in the NBA League Pass in HD on channel 95. Right now I am watching the Grizzlies-Mavs game in HD from FSN South feed. As for MLB, more games popped up towards the end of the season in HD on channel 95. I am sure this season there will be almost 1 game a night in HD, we shall see.

With the addition of the local MPG4 signals, to the Orlando market, on 96 & 97 we were getting many Marlin & Devil Ray games in HD, toward the end of last years baseball season. Also we have been getting a game or two a week of Panther or Lightning hockey, this year. I think with the addition of the new satellites later this year, we will see a lot more HD from the RSNs. Hope they put them on National beams for the people that subscribe to Center Ice, MLB, NBA and Soccer packages.

lou, have you been getting panther games in hd? i wouldn't see where central florida is in south florida's market. but i notice the panther games listed on the tv listings for my zip code in daytona!!

i'm upgrading to mpeg4 today. i hate to say bye-bye to cable. but with d* getting extra innings, i can't make it through the summer without baseball......especially, now that the marlins games are in hd!!

lou, have you been getting panther games in hd? i wouldn't see where central florida is in south florida's market. but i notice the panther games listed on the tv listings for my zip code in daytona!!
Yes, we have been getting quite a few this year. The next Panther game is scheduled for tomorrow night, vs Phoenix.

i'm upgrading to mpeg4 today. i hate to say bye-bye to cable. but with d* getting extra innings, i can't make it through the summer without baseball......especially, now that the marlins games are in hd!!
Around here Brighthouse Cable is pretty bad. They don't even carry Fox Sports Florida, so you don't get the Panthers or Marlins. That has caused me and many of my neighbors to dump them and go to D* or E*.

the pq from cable was great, as was the customer service. but i'm a sports fanatic, so here i am. glad to hear about the panther games. i notice there are quite a few more panther games than lightning games!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)