Sports package question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Im in the Buffalo, NY area & get STO with Choice X & FSN Pittsburgh with Premier (or any package + sportspak). Its a funny situation because we only get Pirates games on FSN Pittsburgh, Pens games are blacked out if you dont have CI. The way it was explained to me was that because we have a local NHL team we cant get another NHL team as a local but since Buffalo doesnt have an MLB team we end up getting 4 teams as a local (Mets, Yankees, Pirates & Indians).

Since you're in Buffalo the Sabres would trump everyone else in most cases.

Baseball is odd as every part of the US is claimed by a team. If there is no team in the area then other teams can jump on it

Must be an NHL thing .... :confused:
actually, thats not right either, I get the Red Wings and the Blue Jackets ....

Maybe the others don't claim your area as thier market.

Jimbo
With the Blue Jackets being a newer franchise the old maps that the Wings claimed might grandfather in..

but then again since you dont have an immediate NHL team more than one can claim the area.

I am thinking of switching from cable to Direct tv but had a question about the sports package. I am a Penguins fan and i live in southern ohio. With my cable company i get fox sports ohio and pittsburgh so i get the games. But if i go to direct tv i will only get ohio.

I seen the sports package that includeds all the fox sports networks for like $13 a month and was wondering if those networks will show all the hockey games and baseball games or if they black all those out due to MLB extra innings and center ice. Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks!

If I understand your question, since FSN Pittsburgh will not be included as your local RSN and only FSN Ohio will, in order to see the Penguin games, you unfortunately will have to subscribe to the NHL center ice package, as the sports pak package will not include professional sports games, be it NHL, MLB or NBA.

Im in the Buffalo, NY area & get STO with Choice X & FSN Pittsburgh with Premier (or any package + sportspak). Its a funny situation because we only get Pirates games on FSN Pittsburgh, Pens games are blacked out if you dont have CI. The way it was explained to me was that because we have a local NHL team we cant get another NHL team as a local but since Buffalo doesnt have an MLB team we end up getting 4 teams as a local (Mets, Yankees, Pirates & Indians).

MY dad has a similar situation at Lake Tahoe. He gets the CSN California Sacramento King games, but the GSt. Warrior games on CSN Bay Area are blacked out. But as far as NHL and MLB, he gets the CSN Bay Area broadcasts of the Sharks (NHL) and the Giants and A's , since Sacramento has no pro teams in the NHL or MLB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Just Ordered 1TB My DVR Expander for HR24

part conversion to mrv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)