Sports Package?

karspur

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 16, 2006
Ridgecrest, CA
I think I finally have my son talked into Dish. He is a sports fanatic and wants all of the sports channels he can get. He would get the gold package and he lives in Bakersfield, CA. The Web site lists the programming, but my question is, how do you know what channels will be received by area? Do you really gain much that isn't already in the gold package? As usual, the CSR on the phone wasn't much help. Thanks for any info.

In the Gold (or Platinum such as I have) package, you receive your 1 local regional sports channel.

With the SportsPak, you then receive all 20+ (however many there are) regional sports channels.

If you love sports, it's worth the $5.99.

Just FYI, the Pro Sports games will be blacked out. You will only be able to watch the Pro games on your local RSN.

That's what I was afraid of. It's mostly pro sports that he is interested in, especially NBA. Would anything be blacked out on NBA TV?

Just to clarify, are the college sports blacked out or no? I'm curious on this as well, as I already have ESPN full court for the basketball season and would wnat to pick up the rest of the games on the RSN package.

if a specific conference is on Full Court, then they are blacked out on the RSN's

I know all the Big ten games are blacked out for me in MN

You will get some of the other games...its honestly a crap shoot

That's what I was afraid of. It's mostly pro sports that he is interested in, especially NBA. Would anything be blacked out on NBA TV?

That's why I mentioned it. I watch a lot of Pro sports and watch nothing at the college level except for maybe March Madness. So that package doesn't appeal to me. But a lot of people watch college sports so the package is good for them.

I don't know about NBA TV, I would assume that if you're paying big bucks for that package nothing will be blacked out.

I don't see anything about black outs for NBA League Pass:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/ppv/sports_events/basketball/index.shtml

Last edited:
NBA TV does nto black anything out. I had it with the multisports pack and had stuff on there (games)...yeah the bottom ticker sucks being on permanent but I guess thats the norm now

if a specific conference is on Full Court, then they are blacked out on the RSN's

I know all the Big ten games are blacked out for me in MN

You will get some of the other games...its honestly a crap shoot

Most SEC and ACC games are blacked out on the RSN's too, unless you live in the south. I live in the DC suburbs and am blacked out on all SEC games but not ACC. You will have to get Full Court or GamePlan to make sure you see everything. The only games blacked out on those two packages are games that are shown on your local RSN or local channel.

What about Big 12 games? Anybody ever seen those blacked out?

I'm surprised most of the RSN college games get blacked out, if they are on the RSN then obviously ESPN doesn't own their rights to put on full court.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)