Sports Packages in HD--Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mgoblue99

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
I've noticed that a lot of NHL games are broadcast in HD, i.e. Colorado Avalanche games on Altitude. D* carries an Altitude HD channel, but doesn't list the games on its website as being available in HD. Is the D* website (directv.com/nhl) the best place to find out what games are on NHL-CI in HD, or are there often more being broadcast in HD than are listed? I guess a better way of asking the question is this: If a team's game is in HD on a RSN that is carried by D*, will it also be avaialbe in HD via a sports package like NHL-CI?

Thanks in advance for any help.

As a follow-up, I did some research. After looking on hdsportsguide.com to see which NHL games are being broadcast in HD over the next couple of days, I then bumped that list up against D*'s online NHL CI schedule. There were a lot of games that are supposedly being aired in HD but not on the D* schedule. Then I did a quick check to make sure D* carries the HD feed for the networks on which the games are airing. For example, the following games are to be broadcast in HD, DirecTV carries the HD channel, but they're not on the NHL-CI package:

12/7 PHI vs. COL (Altitude-HD)
12/8 BOS vs. TOR (NESN-HD)
12/8 ATL vs WAS (CSN-HD)
12/9 NJ vs. NYR (MSG-HD)
12/9 CHI vs. CAL (CSN-HD)
12/9 ANA vs. CBJ (FSN Ohio-HD)
12/9 VAN vs. LA (FSN West-HD)
12/12 BOS vs. ATL (NESN-HD)
12/12 NYR vs. WAS (CSN-HD).

As you can see, there are a bunch of games that are in HD on D* channels, but I'm hesitant to sign up for the package unless and until I know what's really being aired in HD via NHL-CI. Can anyone help??????

actually, checking the schedule at nfl.com is much more accurate. directv's website often misses games. and sometimes games they have listed in hd, aren't.

NFL.com or NHL.com? I'm particularly concerned with the NHL package. Thanks.

Thanks, iceturkee. So would you say you end up getting significantly more games than D*'s website lists, or just a couple here and there?

I'm hoping someone can tell me that it's true across the board: If D* carries an HD RSN, the game on that HD RSN will be on NHL-CI. Anyone?

I am sure it depends on the region, who has carriage rights and whatever the applicable BO rules is. When it comes to sports rebroadcasts there is never a 110% cut and dried answer; or one size fits all. Unfortunately you DBS company has ZERO control over this.

Thanks. Well if any CI D* subscriber is feeling charitable, could you flip through your channels and tell me if any of the games listed above are, in fact, on NHL CI in HD?

Thanks again.

As a follow-up, I did some research. After looking on hdsportsguide.com to see which NHL games are being broadcast in HD over the next couple of days, I then bumped that list up against D*'s online NHL CI schedule. There were a lot of games that are supposedly being aired in HD but not on the D* schedule. Then I did a quick check to make sure D* carries the HD feed for the networks on which the games are airing. For example, the following games are to be broadcast in HD, DirecTV carries the HD channel, but they're not on the NHL-CI package:

12/7 PHI vs. COL (Altitude-HD)
12/8 BOS vs. TOR (NESN-HD)
12/8 ATL vs WAS (CSN-HD)
12/9 NJ vs. NYR (MSG-HD)
12/9 CHI vs. CAL (CSN-HD)
12/9 ANA vs. CBJ (FSN Ohio-HD)
12/9 VAN vs. LA (FSN West-HD)
12/12 BOS vs. ATL (NESN-HD)
12/12 NYR vs. WAS (CSN-HD).

As you can see, there are a bunch of games that are in HD on D* channels, but I'm hesitant to sign up for the package unless and until I know what's really being aired in HD via NHL-CI. Can anyone help??????

i believe they all are.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)