Sports subs "instant on"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigpro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
I am thinking hard about these sports subscriptions. If you order them online, how long does it take for them to get activated? For example, if it's a Sunday at 2pm and you order NFLST or SuperFan online, does it instantaneously come on? I mean, are these handled like pay-per-views? What about if you order via a CSR?
Just curious, really. Struggling with the NHL Center Ice and this thought popped in my head for no good reason. Can't believe it's $140, FWIW :no .

Whenever I make changes from HBO to Showtime, or whatever, it hits within a couple of minutes.

mnassour said:
Whenever I make changes from HBO to Showtime, or whatever, it hits within a couple of minutes.

That's what I was thinking. I'm going to be a superfan sub and was wondering what would happen if I waited until after the games started on Sunday (i.e. worst case scenario and for some reason couldn't order them beforehand). ;)

bigpro said:
I am thinking hard about these sports subscriptions. If you order them online, how long does it take for them to get activated? For example, if it's a Sunday at 2pm and you order NFLST or SuperFan online, does it instantaneously come on? I mean, are these handled like pay-per-views? What about if you order via a CSR?
Just curious, really. Struggling with the NHL Center Ice and this thought popped in my head for no good reason. Can't believe it's $140, FWIW :no .

they come up within a couple minutes...remember...sports subs are non refundable :)

Iceberg said:
they come up within a couple minutes...remember...sports subs are non refundable :)
Oh yeah, they don't let you forget that little tidbit.

I'm worried about what NHL center ice will look like on my 50" LCDRP WEGA, though, and want to see what some games look like before getting it. Wish they'd say SOMETHING about HD availability. That'd make it easier to pull the trigger.

If the Non HD Sunday Ticket Games are any indication, Not GOOD at all, It was a struggle on my Toshiba 52...Though unless I was imagining things, some Non HD games looked a bit better then others?

bigpro,

I think it all depends on the RSN, this is where the feeds come from.
I purchased my Sony 60" XBR LCD RP , last October ,of corse there was no hockey then either.
I have seen hockey on my TV at the A/V store I bought from, and it was a concern when I purchased, but I was not going to NOT buy it ...

I know I saw hockey on HDNET, although that was undoubtably HD, I also saw the Stanly Cup Finals on this set, but thre again it was on network TV in HD.

Looked great by the way.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)