Sports Time Ohio HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mkatts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
D* CSR tells me I should have STO HD on channel 96 but that it only shows up in the guide when something is playing on STO in HD. I don't have channel 96 available to add to my favorites and have never seen it in the guide. Should I be complaining? Or am I just missing when they are braodcasting in HD?

D* CSR tells me I should have STO HD on channel 96 but that it only shows up in the guide when something is playing on STO in HD. I don't have channel 96 available to add to my favorites and have never seen it in the guide. Should I be complaining? Or am I just missing when they are braodcasting in HD?

Are you in the Cleveland DMA? Do you currently get the Cleveland HD Local stations from D*? I'm talking about the Mpeg-4 Local Networks, not OTA. If you do, then you definitely have something to complain about. The next 8 games are on STO HD (Ch 96). I watch all of them, including the game last night against K.C.

Also, you have an H20 or HR20, right?

Also... Ch 96 is always in the guide on my HR20. There isn't anything in the guide except a "Upcoming:" announcement or the actual game.

Are you in the Cleveland DMA? Do you currently get the Cleveland HD Local stations from D*? I'm talking about the Mpeg-4 Local Networks, not OTA. If you do, then you definitely have something to complain about. The next 8 games are on STO HD (Ch 96). I watch all of them, including the game last night against K.C.

Also, you have an H20 or HR20, right?

I am in Columbus, OH.
I have an HR20-700.

Thanks, Guess it's back to the phones. :-(

I am in Columbus, OH.
I have an HR20-700.

Thanks, Guess it's back to the phones. :-(

Well, that is the issue right there. If you are in Columbus, you won't get the STO games in HD. You have to be in the Cleveland DMA to get Ch 96 from the SpotBeam on the 103 sat.

I was "told" by a csr that I get STO HD. I have the SD channel, ch: 657. So if I get the SD version, I should get the HD version. He also "told" me that it only shows up in the guide when they have HD programming.

Is there anyone else from Columbus, OH here that gets STO HD? I have the premium pack, I have all of the RSN's.

I was "told" by a csr that I get STO HD. I have the SD channel, ch: 657. So if I get the SD version, I should get the HD version. He also "told" me that it only shows up in the guide when they have HD programming.

Is there anyone else from Columbus, OH here that gets STO HD? I have the premium pack, I have all of the RSN's.

I'm not in the Columbus area (wish I could get SV channels from there though, thats an entirely different topic), I am in NW Ohio and was also told I would get the Detroit RSN in HD, won't happen due to the small area that the ZIP CODE restricts. Seems I AM in the spot beam, but my zip is not included in the HD database, I am hoping for that to be expanded once the new sat is up and running, as they said it would have wider coverage area.
Seems the Zip Code restrictions are quite small.
I know it wont be until October at the earliest. (FSN Detroit HD).

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)