Sports Time Ohio in High Def

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bosco10021

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
At the beach
How do I get the Cleveland Indians games on STO in High Def ?

According to the SportsTime Ohio site ALL the games are being broadcast in HD.

I am getting the games from Directv but I don't think they are coming in in HD.

Are they broadcast on another channel other then 657 in High Def?

My Directv High Def receiver shows that the games are only in 480i...not high def.

Do I need some kind of other dish other than the oval 3 lnb one?

Thanks for any help.

How do I get the Cleveland Indians games on STO in High Def ?

According to the SportsTime Ohio site ALL the games are being broadcast in HD.

I am getting the games from Directv but I don't think they are coming in in HD.

Are they broadcast on another channel other then 657 in High Def?

My Directv High Def receiver shows that the games are only in 480i...not high def.

Do I need some kind of other dish other than the oval 3 lnb one?

Thanks for any help.

Chances are , the STO channel is being sent in mpeg4 (although I cannot verify this) most of the new FSN channels are being sent that way now (HD wise) ...
So it could be that you don't have a mpeg4 rec., you'll need the H-20 or HR20 series for mpeg 4 IF thats the way you go, get it from D* and they will come out and do the AT-9 or AU-9 5 lnb dish set up for free.

Jimbo

My STO (sports time ohio) on 657 is definitely not in HD and I have the HR20 (Unless it is on another channel in HD) The SD broadcast is horrible and looks like it was made in the 1970's and replayed on ESPN Classic!!! Bow-chica-wah-wah......bring on the waxed handlebar mustaches!!!

PS: Jimbo...just an fyi I don't think STO is associated with FSN??? I think it's just a local sports channel (broadcasted by the Indians), but might be in the package with FSN???

PS: Jimbo...just an fyi I don't think STO is associated with FSN??? I think it's just a local sports channel (broadcasted by the Indians), but might be in the package with FSN???
You are correct, they have nothing to do with another, other than the programming they show.

So, IS STO in part of the Sports Package on D* now.

I am not in the Cleveland market, but FSN Ohio is part of the Sports pack I get.(use to show the Indians)
IF I get the MLB E.I. package will I get STO and the Indians games ?

Jimbo

STO is a channel created by the Dolans (Indians Owner) and partnered with WKYC NBC, it has no association with one another. STO HD is shown on 96 with I know on time warner all home games in High Def, we will see about Directv, if you have the HR20 and a 5lnb you are good, also check NBC on sundays as all tribe games are in High def on WKYC!

STO is a channel created by the Dolans (Indians Owner) and partnered with WKYC NBC, it has no association with one another. STO HD is shown on 96 with I know on time warner all home games in High Def, we will see about Directv, if you have the HR20 and a 5lnb you are good, also check NBC on sundays as all tribe games are in High def on WKYC!

Are you receiving all the STO HD games in HD, on channel 96 then? Doesn't that also mean that you have a H20 or HR20 and the 5 lnb dish? Thanks.

Getting STO onTW cable, and the "away" games have not been in HD. So they are NOT broadcasting all games in HD. Some may be, but only "home" games are for sure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)