sportsmax

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DAMIEN ANTHONY

Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
south america
i'm located in georgetown guyana, can anyone tell me if i can access sportsmax on 53west, i'm currently on intel- 805 but i can only access re-tv and imc help anyone thanks

According to lyngsat you can. The beam covers all S America and most of N America, it is listed as FTA on 3820R. Since you are currently getting I 805, which is a linear polarized satellite, you will need to move the dish to aim at 53W and insert a dielectric slab into the feedhorn to receive the circular polarity that I 707 uses.

THANKS ALOTTTTTTTTTTT, BUT CAN YOU DESCRIBE TO ME WHAT IS THIS DIELECTRIC SLAB, IS IT ANOTHER NAME FOR THE SCALER RING, I'M CURRENTLY USING A DUAL 13K DEGREE LNBF FEEHORN CAN THIS WORK

The dielectric slab slides into your current scaler ring at a 45 degree angle between horizontal and vertical polarities. If you look at GeaoSat Pro C KU Band Prime Focus LNBF the yellow block shown in the picture of the parts is the dielectric slab. With this slab inserted you will get circular polarities with your current feedhorn and lnb. It will need to be removed if you want to look at linear polarized satellies.

You can make one out of a piece of teflon or other plastic if you can not find one that will ship to your location. I made one for a linear ku lnb out of an old plastic card (similar plastic and size of a credit card) that I had in my wallet and it worked good for the ku lnb. Obviously it would need to be larger for c band. It needs to be a tight enough fit in the feedhorn that it will stay in position and it should be thicker than a credit card for c band. Maybe about 1/8" to 1/4" thick.

I believe galaxy-marketing.com has a dielectric plate available separately. No guarantees from me that it will work in any given feed, though. There are several variables involved that are required for the best impedance match and maximum conversion efficiency.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts