SportsNet New York, Now Available!

Lucky said:
Okay, here is a little ticket price comparison to illustrate my point. Look here from Mets, Yankees and Indians ticket prices :

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nym/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nyy/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cle/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp

Look how much higher the Mets and Yankees ticket prices are to the Indians. This is what I mean about cost of doing business in NY. Our ticket prices are higher and so is our RSN's. That's just the way it is in NY. Everything is done bigger and more expensive. My point is if Dish is unwilling to do business in NY at the high price it costs to do business here than they should just get out. The RSN's in NY will always cost more, and all the other providers pay it. Dish should pay it too, or just stop doing business in NY.
I think the point is NY subs should be willing to pay a few $$$ more for DBS than everybody else. If not, then quit your bitchin. ;)

Trust me. Dish customers will make that decision for them by leaving and going to FIOS TV, DIRECTV or (god forbid) Cablevision. After 6 happy years with Dish, my wallet walked on over to DIRECTV. I can only think, many more will follow.

I'm probably going to get flamed for this. These RSN examples prove that a flat-rate pricing scheme DOES NOT work. The price of packages should be based on region (zip code).

Of course, this will never happen but as you go from place to place within the United States, its really an economy of scale. The ticket prices in Cleveland are going to be less expensive than those in New York. That is a FACT.

Why should X Customer in Wyoming pay the same rate as Y Customer in New York?
The customer in Wyoming has access to a much less expensive RSN. I'm not too familiar with the pricing schemes for these RSNs but I assume SNY and YES are probably the two most expensive. Perhaps, someone could shed some light on this.

Well, once again DISH acts like the #2 Satellite Company. Why am I not surprised?

I cant wait to see the dishes go down and the DirecT ones go up.

Scottie318 said:
Well, once again DISH acts like the #2 Satellite Company. Why am I not surprised?

I cant wait to see the dishes go down and the DirecT ones go up.

I guess since Dish Network has decided to get out of the baseball market in NY all Met fans will now have to switch to DirecTV or Cablevision, Time Warner or Comcast just like Yankee fans had to do. Really a shame.

It should actually be an embarrassment to DISH - they keep getting beat on by their #1 competitor.

Not sure if they were "waiting" to see what deal DTV got - but guess we'll have to wait and see.

psumattDE said:
It should actually be an embarrassment to DISH - they keep getting beat on by their #1 competitor.

Not sure if they were "waiting" to see what deal DTV got - but guess we'll have to wait and see.

I don't know about embarassing, it's just amazing to see Dish totally not even try to offer a comparable service in the NY area

If you care about baseball in NY, Dish may not be the way to go. I learned that a long time ago. Some of us can afford two providers some cannot. You have to make the best decision for yourself as we have learned that there is not one provider that will carry everything that we would like. So let's not beat ourselves on the head on this one.

Lucky said:
Yes, I was at the game. It was a terrific win. The crowd was really into it and the ballpark had a great atomosphere. :)

I been a fan ever since 86 (I was 10), and I've always wanted to go see the Mets play at Shea. Hopefully this summer, I might actually make it up there for a game. :)

In NY, the best option for baseball if you don't want to switch to D* is digital cable. More baseball in HD than anyone else can offer.

DVDDAD said:
Who is carrying SportsNet NY in HD? It's not Cablevision.
Channel 730 on Cablevision has INHD2 that becomes SNY-HD when the Mets are home and in HD. So CV is carrying the channel for the game and post game in HD.

cforrest said:
Channel 730 on Cablevision has INHD2 that becomes SNY-HD when the Mets are home and in HD. So CV is carrying the channel for the game and post game in HD.

Yes, I have Cablevision. I was at the game yesterday so I didn't see it, but I heard from many others that the Met game was in HD on channel 730. They said the PQ was excellent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)