SportsNet NY and YES network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bar16

Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
South Jersey
Im a current comcast customer about to make the switch to direct TV my question is if i get the sports package will I get sportsnet NY and YES network games or will they be blacked out in southern new jersey (cumberland county). on the SNY website for diectTV it says it covers all of NJ just curious if anyone around me has an answer to this question. thanks

Im a current comcast customer about to make the switch to direct TV my question is if i get the sports package will I get sportsnet NY and YES network games or will they be blacked out in southern new jersey (cumberland county). on the SNY website for diectTV it says it covers all of NJ just curious if anyone around me has an answer to this question. thanks

You'll get the stations minus Yanks and Mets games. For those you'll need to get the Extra Innings package.

btw, it's league policy, not directv.
Whoever is making these policies are idiots without any contact with reality.

Instead of forcing the local team down everyone's throught, they could allow every subscriber to pick 1 team from each sport that they want to be their "local" team. All the other teams would be available thru a premium package.

That would avoid all the "moving". I live in FL and "moved" to NJ so that I could get the Yankees. It wasn't about money with me. I even have the MLB package. I just want to get the YES network and ALL the programming. I couldn't care less about my local team the Marlins, and I don't care about "games of the week" on FOX or ESPN. I would rather listen to the Yankees on the radio than watch a different team on TV.

Whoever is making these policies are idiots without any contact with reality.

Instead of forcing the local team down everyone's throught, they could allow every subscriber to pick 1 team from each sport that they want to be their "local" team. All the other teams would be available thru a premium package.

That would avoid all the "moving". I live in FL and "moved" to NJ so that I could get the Yankees. It wasn't about money with me. I even have the MLB package. I just want to get the YES network and ALL the programming. I couldn't care less about my local team the Marlins, and I don't care about "games of the week" on FOX or ESPN. I would rather listen to the Yankees on the radio than watch a different team on TV.

But that wouldnt make the leagues a ton of money :)

In all seriousness, from a technology standpoint, how in the world could that work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts