Sportsnet NY HD on Dish this summer

That's great news. I can't wait to cancel my Cablevision subscription and watch the games on my 622 rather than their clunky box.

Now if the Met's could just get out of their slump! The sweep against the A's was nice, although Oakland isn't one of the strongest teams right now. And, although we won on Monday night, we didn't have any hits after the third inning, until we got it into extra innings. I was at last night's game and although the ninth inning was very existing, most of the time that the Mets go up to bat, you could just take a nap.

I was at a NY Mets game on 6/18 and noticed that in the mens room plastered all over the walls were ads for Sportsnet NY in HD on Dishnetwork channel 388. The ads were created by a retailer Antennastar. I found this interesting so I called Sportsnet NY last friday to get some confirmation that they had struck a deal with Dish to broadcast in HD. Today I received a call from a rep at Sportsnet NY who confirmed that Dishnetwork will launch Sportsnet NY in HD on July 11th on channel 388.

Anyone else have this?

It appears this is going to happen. Received the following e-mail this morning from SNY:

Dish Network is scheduled to launch SNY in HD within the next couple of weeks on channel #388 (50 channels below our SD channel placement). Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.
Thank you for your inquiry.

SportsNet New York

Excellent News. We will be able (hopefully) to see the Mets when the start the second half of the season at home. I heard previously that SNY does not show away games in HD, is that correct?

It appears this is going to happen. Received the following e-mail this morning from SNY:

Dish Network is scheduled to launch SNY in HD within the next couple of weeks on channel #388 (50 channels below our SD channel placement). Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions.
Thank you for your inquiry.

SportsNet New York

"...within the next couple of weeks..."

What happened to July 11th?

I Get WPIX OTA...Its Really spectacular @ 62" DPL

I am 85 miles NW line of site from the Empire State Bldg. I am in the NYC DMA but I have no hope of getting digital signals at this time. I also have no good look at Scranton / Wilkes-Barre, PA or Binghamton, NY as alternates due to my location in a mountainous terrain. I guess I am up $h!t Creek for now. I do suplement with cable but that is a big extra expense. Quality is less than Dish. I have compared same channels and Dish wins over TWC.

I am 85 miles NW line of site from the Empire State Bldg. I am in the NYC DMA but I have no hope of getting digital signals at this time. I also have no good look at Scranton / Wilkes-Barre, PA or Binghamton, NY as alternates due to my location in a mountainous terrain. I guess I am up $h!t Creek for now. I do suplement with cable but that is a big extra expense. Quality is less than Dish. I have compared same channels and Dish wins over TWC.

If you have line of sight to the Empire State Bldg, a deep fringe antenna coupled with a good pre-amp should at least get you signal at night.

What is your zipcode?

If you have line of sight to the Empire State Bldg, a deep fringe antenna coupled with a good pre-amp should at least get you signal at night.

What is your zipcode?

Bad line of site here as mountains are in the way. I used to get VHF pretty good but nobody here ever got UHF from NYC OTA.

I tried my zip on antennaweb.org. The only shot I have is to erect a 1000 foot high mast. Bummer.

Home games ONLY are the only ones in HD at this time. Too bad.

My understanding is that SNY-HD is not a 24/7 HD feed on E*, and this is probably why. If FSN Bay Area (Giants) and FSN Florida (Marlins?!) can do away games in HD, surely SNY, with its good ratings, can fork out the $$$.