Sportsnet NY HD on Dish this summer

My understanding is that SNY-HD is not a 24/7 HD feed on E*, and this is probably why. If FSN Bay Area (Giants) and FSN Florida (Marlins?!) can do away games in HD, surely SNY, with its good ratings, can fork out the $$$.

SNY-HD / Mets away games are not available anywhere. Even YES does not broadcast Yankee away games in HD even though they said they would before the season began. I know this because I have TWC for SNY-HD and I also get YES-HD on that 24/7.

Are you sure about the FSN stations you mention? I see you are in Brooklyn so can somebody else chime in on the Giants and Marlins games?

YES does not produce Away games in HD? I'm pretty sure I've seen YES-HD highlights when the Yankees are away, and I know I've seen highlights for FSN BA and Florida when the Giants and Marlins are playing away. My primary point is that if these two stations can financially sustain the cost of producing and broadcasting HD Baseball games away, SNY should be able to as well.

Seeing that SNY doesn't though, we really can't be surprised that Ch 388 is not a 24 hour feed.

Oh, BTW I see the slate on 388. :D

I have it now on 388, but it's just a blank screen. Do I have to reboot to get it to work tomorrow for the game, or will it be OK then?

I hope this is not a known issue (bug). I too have noticed this problem earlier.
For some reason when I go to ch. 388, there is a blank screen, but if I scroll up or down to an active channel then go back to ch. 388, then there is a dish hdtv slate with background music.......rolou21.

At 6:30, the pre-game show came on, and it's widescreen......but it doesn't LOOK like HD. Not sure if that's a function of SNY or Dish. I would guess SNY.

It will be interesting when it gets to the game to see if it looks better....

At 6:30, the pre-game show came on, and it's widescreen......but it doesn't LOOK like HD. Not sure if that's a function of SNY or Dish. I would guess SNY.

It will be interesting when it gets to the game to see if it looks better....

It's 2.0 DD, oh no!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Well, now it seems to be back to 2.0. Maybe it was the commercials. I know that my rear speakers lit up on their own during a spot. However, now in the top of the 1st, there seems to be "subdued" crowd noise in the rears when I put my ear to them. My receiver is indicating 5.1 as well.

However, the picture leaves a LOT to be desired. How's your picture quality?

Well, now it seems to be back to 2.0. Maybe it was the commercials. I know that my rear speakers lit up on their own during a spot. However, now in the top of the 1st, there seems to be "subdued" crowd noise in the rears when I put my ear to them. My receiver is indicating 5.1 as well.

However, the picture leaves a LOT to be desired. How's your picture quality?

Closeups look great, the lights reflecting off helmets looks like a 360 game. Some of the wide shots look like the NBA Playoffs (fuzzy, not crispy).

I flipped though the Voom channels and the 5.1 came on back to the game it's 2.0

I tried to watch the nae last night to check out SNY's HD, but my reciever says satellite signal has been lost. I still get all my other channels on the 61.5 satellite. Not sure why only one channel won't come in. Any help would be appreciated.

I tried to watch the nae last night to check out SNY's HD, but my reciever says satellite signal has been lost. I still get all my other channels on the 61.5 satellite. Not sure why only one channel won't come in. Any help would be appreciated.
You're in CT aren't you?? SNYHD came in fine for me last night and looked great.....

Did you try a check switch??

Probably its me, but it looked better than ESPN HD.

I didn't see the game last night but it's entirely possible that the PQ looked better than ESPN. ESPN has had PQ issues off and on since last summer. I'm glad SNY looked great for you guys.

I had a chance to see the Mets last night it looked very good, one thing about HD is the depth perception and the shots looking across the field you could see the crowd was in focus along with the players on the field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)