SportsNet One on Shaw Direct

Frenchophile

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
MI
got this tweet abt an hour ago from @ShawDirect_News:

Hello sports fans!! #SportsnetOne will be available tonight on channels 267/309 for HD and 414/110 for SD

sweet :)

I know in another area someone posted that Shaw cable was adding it in Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary

cool to see it on Shaw Direct :)

I already had the chance to watch some of the UEFA championship matches a while ago. Real Madrid vs Ajax and Bayern vs Roma

Interesting that Shaw Direct had 267 used for the Leafs TV games in previous years

Maybe Leafs TV HD full time? Or they'll set up a different temp channel for those games

Interesting that Shaw Direct had 267 used for the Leafs TV games in previous years

267 also showed Jays games that were on SportsNet Plus during memorial cup and TFC HD games. I believe it was a transponder used for PPV sports, which means we may only get three Sunday Ticket games in HD now

Price increase Nov 1 - HD Sports goes from $5 to $7

Rogers got their way - Shaw caved in. Now Telus has as well. Bell will be forced to follow suit.

BOOO! We've lost HD PPV

267 also showed Jays games that were on SportsNet Plus during memorial cup and TFC HD games. I believe it was a transponder used for PPV sports, which means we may only get three Sunday Ticket games in HD now

My suspicions were true. today, there were only two overflow big 10 games in HD. The Purdue game was available in SD only. one of the overflow channels (Big Ten HD2, ch 444) was showing Sportsnet one

Sportsnet One is going to carry the Vancouver games that use to be on PPV only

looks like they call it SNET-VAN on the site

looks like in SD no HD yes

Sportsnet ONE (standard definition) is included in all of our programming packages at no additional cost.
Customers within specified viewing areas will also receive regional Sportsnet ONE channels, shown below. Each channel will air only games for a specific NHL® team, making games easier to find, and will be subject to regular blackout restrictions.

SD channel numbers:
Sportsnet ONE: 414/110 (Classic/Advanced)
Sportsnet ONE Vancouver Hockey: 411/106 (Classic/Advanced)
Sportsnet ONE Oilers: 412/107 (Classic/Advanced)
Sportsnet ONE Flames: 413/108 (Classic/Advanced)
Sportsnet ONE Senators: 408/109 (Classic/Advanced)

Sportsnet ONE is also available in HD and is included in the HD Sports package starting at only $4.99 per month.

HD channel numbers:
Sportsnet ONE HD: 267/309 (Classic/Advanced)
Sportsnet ONE HD Vancouver Hockey: 450/394 (Classic/Advanced)
Sportsnet ONE HD Oilers: 451/395 (Classic/Advanced)
Sportsnet ONE HD Flames: 452/396 (Classic/Advanced)
Sportsnet ONE HD Senators: 453/397 (Classic/Advanced)

so as example, I get it on 267 (SNET1) and for the Sens games (I'm in their territory) I will see those games on 453....you will get them on 450 if you are in their territory (or sub to NHL CI)

So no extra $120 for ppv this year? I will get them in SD in my package at no additional cost and HD for 4.99 a mo.

yep (If your address is in the market)

what is weird is tonight (after I got done posting) I flipped on 452 and was able to see the game (it was not blacked out)..this was the Flames feed. However I WAS blacked out on the Canucks feed on RSN Pacific

My address qualifies for Leafs and Sens (Northwestern Ontario) so that was weird

Iceberg,

Sportsnet One has no national contract (yet) with the NHL so it's subject to local blackout rules based on where the Account is registered. I've heard it means those in Vancouver will see only the Canucks games, Calgary, gets the Flames, etc.

welcome :wave -Jim-

you're right...Sportsnet One when it comes to hockey is still a regional sports network so I should have been blacked out in NW Ontario on the Canucks, Flames and Oilers games. I am in the Sens and Leafs territory

Maybe it was just a glitch :) (but if the glitch works in my favour I'm not gonna complain) ;)