SportsNet One on Shaw Direct

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sure I can bet :rolleyes: lol, what you posted was a proposal. From last year you lived in the "Leafs" territory and you had to purchase Leafs TV to get the 13 Leafs games that were only available on Leafs TV. You saw the Sens PPV games because you were/are not in their territory and therefore did not need to buy the PPV to see them. If you were in both you would have had to pay for Leafs TV and the Sens PPV games. The whole idea if you live in a territory is you must pay for any PPV/Leafs TV channel that you live in. This year things have changed with SportsNet One taking over the PPV games for the Sens, Canucks, Flames and Oilers.

Yes the map says proposal but that is directly from the Sportsnet site :) Read the FAQ...it gives the best answer

What will I receive if I have all Sportsnet channels in the Leafs region?

Viewers with all Sportsnet channels living in the shared Toronto Maple Leafs (Yellow region) and Ottawa Senators (Orange region) territories will be able to access both teams’ games on their designated home channels (Senators games will air on Sportsnet East, while Leafs games will air on Sportsnet Ontario).

I was blacked out of the Sens games that were on PPV and I do subscribe to Leafs TV being in the Leafs territory I can sub to it. Last year I got both Sens and Leafs games on RSN E & O

Last edited:
Read the top right of your map:

[FONT=Arial,BoldItalic][FONT=Arial,BoldItalic]Proposed Ottawa/Toronto Television Territory[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,BoldItalic]I'm not arguing by the way lol! but it makes zero sense for them to let anyone live in two territories, but hey that is Canadian TV now isn't it! :confused: They needed to be seperated for PPV and Leafs TV, and for this year for who gets the regional games that are on SportsNet One.

[/FONT]

I edited my post about the FAQ that shows the answer

Also both the Oilers and Flames cover Alberta/Manitoba/Saskatchewan with complete overlap

Why does it make zero sense? Here in MN I am in both the MN Twins and Milwaukee Brewers territory for MLB in NE Minnesota.

but thats wrong....like I say last year I got both Sens and Leafs game in NW Ontario with no NHL CI..They need to update that

Last edited:
Yes, I watched some of the West Ham game. I went to a game there once at Upton Park and they were playing Man U. It is a great atmosphre, the Brits love their football!

I wonder if in Canada pre-season games arent blacked out

tonight I had access to all 4 feeds out there
Leafs on HDSports (Leafs TV) 454
Sens on RSN Sens
Flames on RSN Flames
Oilers on RSN Oilers

technically the 1st two are the only ones I should get

Finding the pre-season games has been like going on a treasure hunt. I eventually found the LeafsTV HD broadcast for the Leafs / Sens game tonight, but it was on the RSN Canucks channel?

I wonder if in Canada pre-season games arent blacked out

Correct - all the SBS NHL feeds have been in open key during the preseason. This allows cable heads in Canada with custom Motorola channel maps to test the updated maps before the season starts.

It also gives US cable heads, new to NHLCI or adding additional feeds, the opportunity to setup their new IRDs.

BTW, Bettman & Co supply the Motorola SD receivers at N/C, but the cable/satellite co must buy the HD units. This is the reason for example why DirecTV only carried the Rogers Sportsnet Ontario HD feed last year - either they couldn't figure out how to find F2 or else were too lazy to change the IRD settings when the other Sportsnet HD feeds were active. Good luck to them this year as they will be 8 Sportsnet HD feeds this year - 4 full time + 4 active only when Sportsnet One is showing a game.

Last edited:
Finding the pre-season games has been like going on a treasure hunt. I eventually found the LeafsTV HD broadcast for the Leafs / Sens game tonight, but it was on the RSN Canucks channel?

do you have the old channel guide or the new?
On the old guide it was on 454 in HD (HDSports)...this was the same channel name they used last year but new number (was 267).

Since the 4 RSN 1 feeds (Sens, Oilers, Canucks, and Flames) and HDSports use/share various transponders along with PPV you'll see things like that happen. I noticed that too

do you have the old channel guide or the new?
On the old guide it was on 454 in HD (HDSports)...this was the same channel name they used last year but new number (was 267).
I'm on the new guide, so last night LeafsTV was mapped to 394 "SNCANH" (SportsNet Canucks HD)

At least Shaw has fewer RSNs to sort through than, say, DirecTV. ;-)

I'm on the new guide, so last night LeafsTV was mapped to 394 "SNCANH" (SportsNet Canucks HD)
check 398 (thats what zap2it shows as HDSPorts1)...the guide should say "Maple Leafs at Red Wings Oct 1"..thats the next Leafs TV game

At least Shaw has fewer RSNs to sort through than, say, DirecTV. ;-)

true that....When I had just my local RSN I removed all the rest of them from the guide. Now with the sports pack there is alot on there but some I can remove as they are only used for Pro Sports and are region specific (like FSN TN, FSN Indiana, FSN Utah)....they're only used for pro games

check 398 (thats what zap2it shows as HDSPorts1)...the guide should say "Maple Leafs at Red Wings Oct 1"..thats the next Leafs TV game
398 had the guide information for the Leafs/Sens game last night, but I'd just get a blank screen when trying to tune it. (no subscription pop-up)

Not sure if it was an intended blackout, or a bug I hit with the 630.

That channel is only active when the Leafs games are on live. SD does not carry a full time LeafsTV HD channel.

yeah. Its shuffled between the part time stations (RSN hockey, HDSports)...seen it numerous times

even had a PPV "pop up" when selecting one of those channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)