Sportspack in HD Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bbd24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Is the entire sportspack channels ( Local Fox Sports Channels, MSG, NESN, YES ) going HD ? If so, when are they planning this ?

I hear people are receiving Yes and Nesn in HD, but I assume there in the area to receive those. I live in the Bay Area ( SF / Oak ) and am wondering if I'll see the NESN's, Yes, and channels like FSN New England in HD ( when the channel is broadcasting in HD ) ?

I currently get my local FSN ( Bay Area ) in HD on channel 96. But that is the only HD FSN affiliate I get.

I have a related issue. I live in RI. I do not get the sports pack. My local RSN are NESN and FSNE. NESN has been HD for over a year now for people in MA, but not for me in RI... even though I am closer to Boston than half of the zip codes that get NESNHD in MA. My question is will I get NESN HD for all the games since it is my local RSN or will I only get the SD version when they launch it nationally? Common sense says I should get it, but common sense says I should have been getting it all along since I am well within the spotbeam that transmits it... just my zip code eliminates me. SO as they say common sense is not that common.:shh

Speaking on the RSN`s I know that I saw it somewhere here in the forum but with all the new HD news threads out I now cannot find it. But when where the RSN`s being lit up. I do not have the premier pack but I do have the sports pack and would assume I would get those once they become available ????

hear people are receiving Yes and Nesn in HD, but I assume there in the area to receive those. I live in the Bay Area ( SF / Oak ) and am wondering if I'll see the NESN's, Yes, and channels like FSN New England in HD ( when the channel is broadcasting in HD ) ?

If you do receive those HD stations the pro games will be blacked out for you!

If you do receive those HD stations the pro games will be blacked out for you!

so even though it is my local RSN the fact that i am out of zip code for the current HD spotbeam means I won't be able to see my Sox in HD?:mad: (This was the whole reason I switched the CSR told me I could get them last year....)

so even though it is my local RSN the fact that i am out of zip code for the current HD spotbeam means I won't be able to see my Sox in HD? (This was the whole reason I switched the CSR told me I could get them last year....)

My reply was to the original poster not yours, if you receive NESN you should receive NESN HD!!
The NESN HD should be on a conus beam to allow the people that purchased the Baseball package to see it anywhere in the country.

i may be wrong but i don't believe any of the rsn's are on the conus beam yet. they should be by mid-october.

I have a related issue. I live in RI. I do not get the sports pack. My local RSN are NESN and FSNE. NESN has been HD for over a year now for people in MA, but not for me in RI... even though I am closer to Boston than half of the zip codes that get NESNHD in MA. My question is will I get NESN HD for all the games since it is my local RSN or will I only get the SD version when they launch it nationally? Common sense says I should get it, but common sense says I should have been getting it all along since I am well within the spotbeam that transmits it... just my zip code eliminates me. SO as they say common sense is not that common.:shh

Not sure if it's the same situation or not, but I do get Comcast Sports Net Chicago in HD (including the games) now that they've launched it, but I'm not sure if that was/is a spot beam or CONUS feed.... I'm in Indianapolis, so I'm thinking I wouldn't be in a spot beam area for that channel...

My reply was to the original poster not yours, if you receive NESN you should receive NESN HD!!
The NESN HD should be on a conus beam to allow the people that purchased the Baseball package to see it anywhere in the country.

I receive NESN and I live in the bay area. I subscribe to MLB extra innings. However, I still don't receive NESN HD unless they put it on channels 94 or 95 . They choose , I don't. Its not 24/7 for me yet.

So glad I will finally get NESNHD to see the Sox
So sad that I will finally get it AFTER the regular season ends...

Go Sox!

So glad I will finally get NESNHD to see the Sox
So sad that I will finally get it AFTER the regular season ends...

Go Sox!

Yeah, well I'm a Celtic fan living in the bay area. I want FSN New England in HD this year. Last year, we got shut out of the HD feeds. Directv didn't have the rights, Comcast did. So you'd turn on a home game and see the " Presented in HD " flash before your eyes, but couldnt turn to the HD channel because D* didn't have it. I'm hoping that changes this year. Channel 620. Hopefully we get two 620's this year and before November.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts