spot beam issues from 110?

digitalartifact

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
This morning My locals went off the air for maybe 5-10 minutes... I went into the Point the dish...

Spot beam transponder 4 from the 110 had a signal strength of 0

all the other TP varied from 50 to 90 on the signal meter. it was better in the higher the transponder numbers.

Is E* having issues or is my dish in need of fine tuning?

THe last few times we have lost our locals off of 110 spotbeam 4 for Houston was because of weather related storms at the uplink site for our locals, in New Braunsfell, Tx -near San Antonio. This has happened about 2 times this month.

My in-laws have been having problems with 110 for a few weeks. All other sats (119, 121) come in fine, even when 110 is out.

I thought they might have a tree in the way. Can a tree block 110 but not the others?

same thing happened in jax fl today around 3pm 110 sat tp 23 ussaly at 125 solid but today it was hovvering in thr low 50's for about an hour clear skies no obstructions, all conus tp's on 110 were in the 100's as usual.

I have followed these forums for quite some time but never had reason to post until now. I am in the Pittsburg KS-Joplin MO DMA and receive my locals from there on the 110 sat. My locals have been going off and on for about the last 45 minutes. When they go off, I am able to receive programing just fine from the 119. It is a clear and sunny day here. Any official word from Dish Network as to why this is happening? I have a 311 receiver with a DP Dish 500.

I have been having a similar problem with local channels on 110. We have been having intermintent "loss of signal problems" for about the last month. It only seems to happen at night on tuner 1 when we are trying to record a show on a local channel. BTW, I live in western wisconsin. After missing our show tonight because we lost signal on CBS, I finally decided to cal Dish.

After the usual system info, check switch, etc. the technician asked me if it was only my local channels. I said yes so she put me on hold for a few minutes. When she came back she said they are having trouble with the satelite we get our locals from (110). She said Dish knows about the problem and is working on it.

Has any one else heard this? What is the problem? How long will it take to fix it? If my wife misses Big Brother one more time I may be forced to go to Charter. :(

Thanks,
Bill

Locals on the 110 have been dropping out quite often in the last 2 months all over the country. The worse part is every time it happens my phones start ringing off the hook. 50% of the people have no clue when I tell them that dish is having troubles with that satellite for locals. They think I am making excuses so I do not have to drive out and fix it.

Well I hope they can get it fixed soon. I love Dish and have been a steady customer since July '99. It gets annoying to be watching a program then *poof* it's gone. We have our fair share of storms here in Southeast Kansas and sometimes we loose the signal for a bit but other than that, haven't had any issues with the service.

This has been happening to me also, but I get my locals off-air. Last night lost locals again, also having probrems with 110 when this occurs. If I do a front pannel reboot on my 211, goes back to normal. This has been happening about the last three weeks about three/four times. Seem to loose my off-air locals and also reduced 110 signal strength, go figure?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)