Spot Beams on 119

Status
Please reply by conversation.

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Can someone please tell me which transponders are spot beams on sat. 119?

Also, does anyone know which tranponder the Richmond, VA locals are on?

Lyngsat was not of no use.

THANKS!!

The only transponders I have listed as active on DirecTV 7s: 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 30, 31, 32 (not sure how up to date it is)

AND I think Richmond, VA is on 31. Usually you can tune to a local, then jump to the signal meter menu and you should see the current satellite and transponder for the channel you are currently tuned to. Thats how my receivers work anyway.

miguelaqui said:
Can someone please tell me which transponders are spot beams on sat. 119?

Also, does anyone know which tranponder the Richmond, VA locals are on?

Lynchsat was not of no use.

THANKS!!
119 Transponder 31.

I am considering getting DTV and I would like to have Richmond locals. I live about 50 miles away from the end of the Richmond DMA. I can get my locals on cable and would like to give DTV my friend's address in Richmond , who does not have DTV, to get the Richmond channels.

I know that, with some spotbeams, the signal can dissappear very quickly. I live about 125 miles away from Richmond's center.

I have considered getting E*, but I really don not want to install one of those "super" dishes.

miguelaqui said:
I am considering getting DTV and I would like to have Richmond locals. I live about 50 miles away from the end of the Richmond DMA. I can get my locals on cable and would like to give DTV my freind's address in Richmond , who does not have DTV, to get the Richmond channels.

I know that, with some spotbeams, the signal can dissappear very quickly. I live about 125 miles away from Richmond's center.

I have considered getting E*, but I really don not want to install one of those "super" dishes.
What county?
You still may be able to get richmond locals.

I will be in int Roanoke DMA. I read that the Roanoke locals are also on T31. Does that mean that I should be able to receive Richmond also? Thanks

The zip code / channel mapping technique used in the receiving unit will only allow you to legally receive one set of LIL based on your service address on file. So you would need to set billing to your actual residence and set service to another address in the wanted DMA assuming that the spot beams overlap enough to have you covered with a strong enough signal. You could always get your buddy to bring his receiver to your house to test it out. I think it will look funny on DirecTV's user database having two differents users in separate billing locations having the same service address. Maybe having different phone numbers will make it work. Maybe one of the "MOVED" users will chime in on the address issue.

charper1 said:
The zip code / channel mapping technique used in the receiving unit will only allow you to legally receive one set of LIL based on your service address on file. So you would need to set billing to your actual residence and set service to another address in the wanted DMA assuming that the spot beams overlap enough to have you covered with a strong enough signal. You could always get your buddy to bring his receiver to your house to test it out. I think it will look funny on DirecTV's user database having two differents users in separate DMAs having the same service address. Maybe having different phone numbers will make it work. Maybe one of the "MOVED" users will chime in on the address issue.
That's why I said
I can get my locals on cable and would like to give DTV my friend's address in Richmond , who does not have DTV, to get the Richmond channels. I do not currently have a DTV dish installed and was wondering if there was any way to find out if the beams crossed, or if they were really the same beam, being they do intersect and are on the same transponder.
Thanks!!!!

My bet is that you will be able to get them. I read that he didn't already have service but meaning if he wanted to get it down the line he MIGHT be SOL with his address already being used. Good luck.

charper1 said:
My bet is that you will be able to get them. I read that he didn't already have service but meaning if he wanted to get it down the line he MIGHT be SOL with his address already being used. Good luck.
That's true. He owes DTV about $300 from back in 1998, so I feel comfortable that he won't be subscribing ever again :)

Is T31 a spot beam?

I was wondering....Is T31 a spot beam. It might not be. I wish lyngsat had Directv 7S listed as they do the E* spotbeam sats so that I could clearly see all the channels of that particular transponder.

charper, they don't tell you which transponder they are on. Just that they are on a SPOT transponder.

Greg Bimson said:
charper, they don't tell you which transponder they are on. Just that they are on a SPOT transponder.

trust Charper that the locals in the Richmond,VA. DMA are on T31.

I do trust charper. I have a list of most of the local channels and the spot-transponder from which they are broadcasting. It appears that the original poster (miguelaqui) cannot find a list mapping the local channels to each transponder at Lyngsat, when there is a similar list for each Dish Network local channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts