Spotbeam map for DirecTV 7

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
I'm considering getting a Phase III Dish for my boat. I live in the Rochester NY DMA, The Marina (Oak Park Resort Marina, on Sodus Bay) is about 40 miles East of us. I was wondering if anybody knows the coverage of the Spotbeam on Transponder 31 from 119 degrees for my DMA. I don't need HD service, I have an extra SD box in my home now. Its connected to my SWM Dish.

I haven't been able to find a Spotbeam map for the SD Markets only the Spotbeams for the newer HD markets.

Any Help would be appreciated.

John

I'm considering getting a Phase III Dish for my boat. I live in the Rochester NY DMA, The Marina (Oak Park Resort Marina, on Sodus Bay) is about 40 miles East of us. I was wondering if anybody knows the coverage of the Spotbeam on Transponder 31 from 119 degrees for my DMA. I don't need HD service, I have an extra SD box in my home now. Its connected to my SWM Dish.

I haven't been able to find a Spotbeam map for the SD Markets only the Spotbeams for the newer HD markets.

John
Curious, what model recvr are you using that your planning to take to the marina ?

John

I don't think there is a coverage map for sd Rochester. At 40 miles away, I'd be very surprised if you couldn't get a strong signal there.

John

Interestingly enough;

From what I could find your local SD spotbeam from DIRECTV-7S titled "SB01" is mapped here for instance;
SatStar.net - SB01 Beam

And if you fill out and run the "BeamFinder" feature on that site (click on tab at the top of the web-page) for the town of "Sodus," then scroll down to the D7S satellite at 119. Click on "SB01" and the map will show that your boat's location (the blinking red dot) is closer to the beam's center and therefore slightly hotter than the reception from your home.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts