Spotbeam Testing 61.5

What does QPSK and 8PSK mean?

QPSK or 4PSK is 2 bits (4 states) per symbol or waveform

8PSK is 3 bits (8 states) per symbol

8PSK is 50% more data per symbol then QPSK, but it requires more power since the receiver has to figure out which of 8 possible states the waveform is in verses 4. So, more error correction is used, so not 50% more but about 30% more data in practice.

QPSK or 4PSK is 2 bits (4 states) per symbol or waveform

8PSK is 3 bits (8 states) per symbol

8PSK is 50% more data per symbol then QPSK, but it requires more power since the receiver has to figure out which of 8 possible states the waveform is in verses 4. So, more error correction is used, so not 50% more but about 30% more data in practice.

OK, thanks

Now another question about Cleveland Locals. I have a Dish 1000 system and I see our locals on planned to be online at 61.5 which I do not get. However Sports Time Ohio is on 129. Can I just add another dish without getting rid of my Dish 1000? Can I simply add 61.5 or a 4th bird using a switch? I have an old Direct TV dish similar to the dish 300 system could I just get a lnb for that and aim it at 61.5 add it to my dish 1000 using a switch? I want both 129 and 61.5

Now another question about Cleveland Locals. I have a Dish 1000 system and I see our locals on planned to be online at 61.5 which I do not get. However Sports Time Ohio is on 129. Can I just add another dish without getting rid of my Dish 1000? Can I simply add 61.5 or a 4th bird using a switch? I have an old Direct TV dish similar to the dish 300 system could I just get a lnb for that and aim it at 61.5 add it to my dish 1000 using a switch? I want both 129 and 61.5

You can't use legacy LNB's such as your old DirecTV dish one. Depending on your configuration you can tie in another orbital position to the Dish1000.

You can't use legacy LNB's such as your old DirecTV dish one. Depending on your configuration you can tie in another orbital position to the Dish1000.

Would it be possible to remove the 129 LNB from my Dish 1000 place it on the Direct tv dish and tie the coax into the 129 spot on the Dish 1000 to pick up 61.5?

Would it be possible to remove the 129 LNB from my Dish 1000 place it on the Direct tv dish and tie the coax into the 129 spot on the Dish 1000 to pick up 61.5?
I think the answer is "Yes", though Dish LNBs attach to an arm with a D-shaped cross section. Direct dishes have a rectangular support arm. So electrically this should work, but mechanically it might not fit.

I think the answer is "Yes", though Dish LNBs attach to an arm with a D-shaped cross section. Direct dishes have a rectangular support arm. So electrically this should work, but mechanically it might not fit.

Fine I guess I will just pay the 100 bucks and have dish come out and do it. :) Thanks for the help.... :eureka

Is there anyway to test if i'm covered by the spotbeam that includes NYC?

Is there a transponder I can test on 61.5?

The easy answer that nobody seems to be providing you, is if your present dish ends up being a little small for the new spotbeam, you can simply put up a larger (maybe even dedicated) dish pointing directly at 61.5. That will get you more signal, and that's all you need.

Since you guys are distributing the surplus spectrum analyzers how about sending one my way.

I have a surplus spectrum analyzers I'll send you.
As long as you'll send me your surplus $3500.00.:D

Testing tp13 in CA today.

Attachments

• 61.5W 031908bcnhg.JPG
    61.5W 031908bcnhg.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 83

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)