Spotbeams on 61.5

Which info is right?

I'm using a self-installed 30" dish. The best I get the locals is about 25 - 30. Everything else is greater than 40, typically 50 or more.

I may have some of this wrong but I think it goes like this....the smaller spots are from the original Cablevision maps and/or fcc data. But that was conservative and the bigger spots are more realistic. That or somehow more power was added to the spot beams, if that is possible. I'm not sure on this part. But then on top of that the satellite was rotated and the spots moved but no one seems to know how far.

But if it takes you a 30" dish to get marginal signal then maybe they didn't move much at all. I'm surprised that dish would have such a weak signal. What do others do to get Buffalo locals? Does dish expect them to come in with a 300 or 500 size dish? Or is there some other super dish that is installed?

I attached the old Cablevision map in case you haven't seen it.

Attachments

• e12spots.pdf
    918.6 KB · Views: 100
Across the lake from Buffalo the locals used to come in at 27 on the spotbeam on 13 of 61.5, using a 30 " dish. They have weakened so much with a 39" they only come in at 8 (unviewable).

During the last few days, the signal has dropped to 11 to 14 (in the yellow). All the other 61.5 signals are 50 and higher.

However the locals are still coming in OK. No drop outs or pixelating (except when it pours).

intrac said:
During the last few days, the signal has dropped to 11 to 14 (in the yellow). All the other 61.5 signals are 50 and higher.

However the locals are still coming in OK. No drop outs or pixelating (except when it pours).

Where are you located?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)