Sprint adding $10 fee to all smart phones afterJan 30, 2011

Ok here is what I got now with sprint

3 smart phones

129( Family Data with 1500 minute and unlimted text , data ) + 20 for 3rd line

Total 149
Now +30 10x3 as even a esn swap to a different smart phone that you already own ill trigger the 10 dollar fee and when i travel outside the us about once a year i switch over to 3 world edition blackberries CDMA+GSM radios. it allows me to still have acess to my sprint vmail and feature cheaply with sim card from Orange or Tmobile or Virgin mobile uk or BT or where ever I am going .

179 before tax
179 - minus corp discount put it at 152

att with discount with 3 iphones was going to be 142 I just annoyed with sprint as an extra 30 is a huge price hike.

Question, if you have 3 phones on the account and only one is a Smartphone, are you charged the $ 10 on each ?

Also, wouldn't this be a great place for D*'s theory of charging once per account for the service, instead of EACH phone ?

Question, if you have 3 phones on the account and only one is a Smartphone, are you charged the $ 10 on each ?
I don't work for Sprint nor do I speak for them. It is all going to boil down to what phones they decide are smart phones. If 3 are smartphones it's 30, if it really is one, it's 10.

Also, wouldn't this be a great place for D*'s theory of charging once per account for the service, instead of EACH phone ?
It's not the same model. It doesn't cost more for D* or E* to deliver HD to 1 receiver or 10, it's still one physical location. With smartphones, each line is going to use more bandwidth than a non smartphone. The more bandwidth used the more Sprint needs to keep their network going. Bandwidth isn't free. The same is true for all wireless carriers.

I manage email servers for an mso. We are in the process of more than doubling systems behind our mobile virtual. We could get away with "just" a 66% expansion but we want to stay a little bit ahead of demand. We'll probably need all of it by years ends. I'm assuming our growth is proportional to the smartphone market growth.

Swyped on my CM'D Evo using tapatalk!

my credit score is already bad. what really upset me with sprint is that i offered to send the documentation of my acceptance into the government program. but it was their program or the highway.

btw, sprint wants almost 20 dollars a month for 200 minutes under their link up program. thanks, i'll stick with my 250 free minutes each month.

Good point. Why pay 20$ a month for phone service when the rest of us can pay it for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)