Sprint/Cellular South HTC Hero

Close but no cigar... you can get the same UI pretty much on WinMo phones now with SenseSuite. The no hardware keyboard kills it for me. The flexibility and such of WinMo has me hooked.

I plan on retiring my Curve since RIM decided that it doesn't want to make a BB that isn't improved.

That is what I have now. It is between the Tour and the Hero now for me.
CS has the Touch Pro as well, I will look at that, I know travis loves it, and he gives good reviews

I dont know. Curious about android, not sure I can do without a keyboard.
I will probably stick with the BB platform, love it.

I am pretty sure I will get the wife this hero though. She does not mind a touch screen only.

Close but no cigar... you can get the same UI pretty much on WinMo phones now with SenseSuite. The no hardware keyboard kills it for me. The flexibility and such of WinMo has me hooked.

What do you give up though? Close? I know you love the flexibility to customize, for me it would be mainly a keyboard thing.

Is this basically a diamond with a different OS?

That is what I have now. It is between the Tour and the Hero now for me.
CS has the Touch Pro as well, I will look at that, I know travis loves it, and he gives good reviews

I dont know. Curious about android, not sure I can do without a keyboard.
I will probably stick with the BB platform, love it.

I am pretty sure I will get the wife this hero though. She does not mind a touch screen only.

I torn between the Tour/Hero/Pre. I want the a new BB but this non threaded messaging is starting to annoy me plus it really slow. I want to see how the Hero handles all my contacts and integration. Now I know how the Pre' handles all my contacts and i don't like it. I am hoping they release a software update that allows you to chose what you want to integrate.

I torn between the Tour/Hero/Pre. I want the a new BB but this non threaded messaging is starting to annoy me plus it really slow. I want to see how the Hero handles all my contacts and integration. Now I know how the Pre' handles all my contacts and i don't like it. I am hoping they release a software update that allows you to chose what you want to integrate.
Is the tour really that slow?
I have a curve now, and have no speed problems at all. Love the blackberry platform, like BB messenger, and hate the thought of no keyboard. However, the Hero looks pretty slick, and the new update supposedly sped it up considerably in the European model.

Is the tour really that slow?
I have a curve now, and have no speed problems at all. Love the blackberry platform, like BB messenger, and hate the thought of no keyboard. However, the Hero looks pretty slick, and the new update supposedly sped it up considerably in the European model.

Yeah the Tour is not any faster than the curve. It just has move memory. I would consider you fortunate to never experience the BB slow down.

Yeah the Tour is not any faster than the curve. It just has move memory. I would consider you fortunate to never experience the BB slow down.
Well, I take that back. Some themes slow it down more than others.

The one I have now does not.

Even with alot of apps loaded I have not noticed a considerable lag though.

I was under the impression that the Tour had a faster processor

Well, I take that back. Some themes slow it down more than others.

The one I have now does not.

Even with alot of apps loaded I have not noticed a considerable lag though.

I was under the impression that the Tour had a faster processor

it has a faster cpu but the OS doesn't really take advantage of it. I also set my Curve to turn off at 4am than back on at 4:02 am. That helps clear up memory.

it has a faster cpu but the OS doesn't really take advantage of it. I also set my Curve to turn off at 4am than back on at 4:02 am. That helps clear up memory.

I do the same with mine. Memory managment is key with them

Google Sync supports push mail

Best Hidden IPhone Apps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)