Sprint HTC Contacts/People problem

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Had a VP replace his phone with subject. I set up Exchange for him, for mail, contacts, calendar and tasks (he doesn't actually use Tasks but wanted it ready). Since then, his contacts/people list has changed as regards name sorting. So I'm sure it's something to do with Outlook Contacts settings, but I can't find it. Or I'm out to lunch and it's in the HTC.

The problem:
On the HTC, "Dr. B" appears in the "B" section, just fine thank you, as "Dr. B"
But "Dr. A" appears under "D" or I can make it appear under "A" as "Ali, Dr." by fiddling with Contacts.

Under Contacts, both are entered the same. This is, under Full Name, just "B" and "A" and under File As "Dr. B" and "Dr. A" - or "A, Dr."

What is going on? He wants the HTC to read "Dr. A" under the "A" section, etc. He has a lot of doctors entered but wants them to be under their last name, but have the "Dr." shown. Clearly, this can be done, but I sure am missing something because "A" & "B" both seem to be entered identically.

In Outlook, each contact has a "File as" setting which determines how they are sorted. Don't know if you can get to that from the phone.

Can't from the phone. But the File As shows "Dr. B" but it places it in the B section, still preceded by "Dr."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts