Sprint: Samsung Epic 4G or HTC EVO 4G?

Which Sprint 4G phone would you select?

• Samsung Epic 4G

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • HTC EVO 4G

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had the everything data plan with the EVO and was not able to use the Hotspot without paying the extra fee.
The EasyTether app rocks! Well worth the $10! I have been staying at my mother-in-law's place the past few days (will be there until Wednesday) and, you guessed it, no computer or Internet. As much as we love our EVO/Epic, there is only so much surfing you can do on a 4-4.3 inch screen. Anyway, no rooting required and it worked very well.

The MLB app is cool, you can stream the "live" radio feed from either team.

Yeah its not the best situation, but watching RedZone on a 4.3" screen while out and about isnt too bad. Plus since Time Warner doesn't carry it, I just hook my phone up to my TV via micro HDMI and its watchable. Not in HD of course but good enough.

The Swype beta I downloaded a while back expired...where can I find a version that doesn't expire? I would gladly buy the app, but they appear to be stuck on OEM. Even my wife started using Swype on her Epic.

Yeah its not the best situation, but watching RedZone on a 4.3" screen while out and about isnt too bad. Plus since Time Warner doesn't carry it, I just hook my phone up to my TV via micro HDMI and its watchable. Not in HD of course but good enough.

That was one thing I wish the Epic had, but not enough to do without a keyboard.

The EasyTether app rocks! Well worth the $10! I have been staying at my mother-in-law's place the past few days (will be there until Wednesday) and, you guessed it, no computer or Internet. As much as we love our EVO/Epic, there is only so much surfing you can do on a 4-4.3 inch screen. Anyway, no rooting required and it worked very well.

Where did you find this easy tether App or program ?

The Swype beta I downloaded a while back expired...where can I find a version that doesn't expire? I would gladly buy the app, but they appear to be stuck on OEM. Even my wife started using Swype on her Epic.

Just buy swiftkey you will forget all about swype. I have swype and don't use it anymore

Where did you find this easy tether App or program ?
It's in the The Market...just search for "easy tether". The free version (EasyTether Lite) is equally good...just doesn't support https, which I badly need. I recommend installing the Lite verision and giving it a try. As a guy in an old Alka-Seltzer commercial once said, "Try it, you'll like it."

It's in the The Market...just search for "easy tether". The free version (EasyTether Lite) is equally good...just doesn't support https, which I badly need. I recommend installing the Lite verision and giving it a try. As a guy in an old Alka-Seltzer commercial once said, "Try it, you'll like it."

Thanks, I look into it !

If you want tethering why not Root the phone and use Barnacle WiFi for free.

As for the NFL App I was told that some modified the Verizon Version to gain access from any carrier with Android.

Big Dawg 23 said:
If you want tethering why not Root the phone and use Barnacle WiFi for free.
Personally, I really like the Sense UI on the EVO. Plus, I have been extremely busy and the bloatware hasn't bothered me...yet. However, I will probably root the phone over the holidays. I would have probably "found" time to root the Epic if I had purchased that phone don't like the UI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts