Sprint: Samsung Epic 4G or HTC EVO 4G?

Which Sprint 4G phone would you select?

• Samsung Epic 4G

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • HTC EVO 4G

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a ride share partner that just got the Epic. I wanted to see it since I have the DroidX. The screen on the Epic is much better than the EVO or Droid X. The HDMI was not something I notice but at this point have yet to use mine on my Droid X. I have also had the luxory of playing with the Vibrant and it is like the Epic minus the keyboard.

Things to consider:
Screen size 4" VS 4.3"
Keyboard-I had the original Droid and never used it thus now have the Droid X.
Customization-EVO by HTC will be as easy but also have more options. HTC is a easily flashed in all fashions with no issue.

But as you stated root if you want to occasionally ignite the hotspot.

I would go with the EVO, its gives you a lot of other services including live TV from Sprint TV included, plus NASCAR and NFL as well which are not available on other phones.

In addition the EVO can act as a hotspot for 4 devices for free, other phones they charge you extra to enable the hotspot feature.

All of these are available with the Epic as well.

Basically the biggest difference is the Epic has a physical keyboard, thats about it.

I recall the Epic having all the TV, NASCAP and NFL as the EVO. Regardless, that's not something which hold much weight with me...especially since I will be a SERO upgrader and may have eligible for those services at no cost. Also, while the hotspot for 4 devices would be nice (especially since I'll be using it in a 4G area), I only need it work with one (1) device, which I was told it would at no charge. Perhaps I'll have to ask about this one. I like both phones but I am leading toward the Epic since it has a pull-out keyboard. However, the free hotspot option is a must.

Don't believe the Hot spot is FREE unless it's part of your special package.

All of these are available with the Epic as well.

Basically the biggest difference is the Epic has a physical keyboard, thats about it.

The Epic also has a better processor. They both are 1ghz but the epic cpu performs better on the benchmarks.

After thinking about it...I am 100% sure these were included. A good question is since I'll be adding 4G to my existing SERO Plan (for a total of $50) I doubt it would include TV, GPS and some other services since those are in the $69.99 plan ($59.99 Everything Data Plus Referal and $10 for 4G). I doubt Sprint would move me in to this plan for only $50 when they are charging everyone else $69.99. Personally, I don't need GPS or TV.

I thought the "hotsport" came free-of-charge by paying $20 extra per months for 4G?

How is it Free if your paying an extra $20 ?
I believe it's actually $ 30 for the hot spot, a friend that has the EVO has it in her plan.

I really don't care for the GPS they have, I like my Garmin MUCH better.

I have the HTC Evo and love it. I don't live in a 4g area but still love the phone nonetheless. Yes, you do have to pay an extra $30 on either phone to activate the mobile hotspot. Both phones have that capability. Both phones have a 1ghz processor. The Evo has a 8 megapixel camera and 8gb included memory and froyo 2.2 operating system as well as a micro HDMI output. The Epic has 16gb of memory included, a 5 megapixel camera and 2.1 operating system. The epic does not have an HDMI output, it does have DMNA which the epic does not.

Also the epic has a 4 inch screen where the evo has a 4.3. And yes, the epic does have a slideout keyboard which could be nice.

Both have Wifi capablities as well. The epic is supposedly coming out with media thing where you can rent or purchase movies through your phone.

I went with the EVO for because I wanted the HDMI output mainly. It's a wonderful phone. Truthfully either way you go you will probably be happy, it's a matter of preference. Not sure about the epic, but it you do go with the HTC my only complaint, (which is a standard complaint from about everyone) is it is a battery hog. Buy a car adapter and keep a charger handy because it sucks the battery down pretty fast compared to any other phone I have.

The general consensus as far as battery goes, ALL Smart Phones suck when it come to battery usage.

Good comparison over here. In a nutshell, I don't know which phone I'll end up with until I leave the store. I'll probably get an EVO if they are in stock - if not I'll get an Epic.

that .3 inches isn't that big of deal.
The Epic has slightly better battery life.
EVO HDMI out
EPIC Wireless media-sharing
EVO running FROYO
EPIc running Eclair
EVO Sense
EPIC TW2.5
EVO 2GB SD card
EPIC 16GB SD CARD

One thing nice about the Hot Spot, it may be an extra $ 30 p/m but you can turn it on and off at any time you need it.

I'll turn it on when I head to Texas and not till then, at least I don't have to pay extra for it monthly and not use it, like the 4G .

that .3 inches isn't that big of deal.
The Epic has slightly better battery life.
EVO HDMI out
EPIC Wireless media-sharing
EVO running FROYO
EPIc running Eclair
EVO Sense
EPIC TW2.5
EVO 2GB SD card
EPIC 16GB SD CARD

Evo actually has an 8GB card included.

Doing stuff is the best thing. :D

Actually, I'm just starting to play with it.

Still looking for the correct dish pointing software that shows where the sats are.

I see Dish Pointer Pro available for about $ 20 but don't want to buy it till I know it's the one most are using.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts