Which Sprint 4G phone would you select?

• Samsung Epic 4G

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • HTC EVO 4G

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EVO Speaker/Headset Problem?

OK, I noticed the external speaker on my wife's Epic sounded much richer, and louder, than my EVO when we were listening to Pandora the other day. Not a big deal since I didn't buy the phone for its acoustic capabilities. Anyway, I purchased a decent mid-range pair of earbuds and have been disapponted with its performance. I was streaming good quality Pandora, YouTube and MP3s, but the volume was soft and tinny even after turning the up the Media Volume full-blast.

Anyway, I plugged the earbuds in question into my laptop and the difference was night and day - I was actually somewhat impressed with how well the earbuds sounded. However, I was equally puzzled with the sound on the EVO. While the laptop blew my ears out, the EVO is too quite and sounded tinny. At first I thought it was because the phone was on battery (sound setting), but the performance didn't improve at all after plugging into a power source. I figured some other sound of power setting had to be affecting the output volume but I can't find it..and there is no reason this phone shouldn't be able to drive a pair of earbugs at a reasonable level. Heck, my PocketDish souldn't be putting-out 5X more sound.

Help! What am I missing? :confused:

Thanks in advance. :hatsoff:

OK, I noticed the external speaker on my wife's Epic sounded much richer, and louder, than my EVO when we were listening to Pandora the other day. Not a big deal since I didn't buy the phone for its acoustic capabilities. Anyway, I purchased a decent mid-range pair of earbuds and have been disapponted with its performance. I was streaming good quality Pandora, YouTube and MP3s, but the volume was soft and tinny even after turning the up the Media Volume full-blast.

Anyway, I plugged the earbuds in question into my laptop and the difference was night and day - I was actually somewhat impressed with how well the earbuds sounded. However, I was equally puzzled with the sound on the EVO. While the laptop blew my ears out, the EVO is too quite and sounded tinny. At first I thought it was because the phone was on battery (sound setting), but the performance didn't improve at all after plugging into a power source. I figured some other sound of power setting had to be affecting the output volume but I can't find it..and there is no reason this phone shouldn't be able to drive a pair of earbugs at a reasonable level. Heck, my PocketDish souldn't be putting-out 5X more sound.

Help! What am I missing? :confused:

Thanks in advance. :hatsoff:

How did your earbuds sound when you plugged them into your wife's Epic ?

I listen to music quite a bit on the Epic, sounds pretty similar to other phones and MP3 players I've tried...can't complain. The Epic has no issues keeping the 1200 watt amp in the car warm. ;)

the sound on the evo can be low at times. i believe theres an app for rooted evos that significantly boost audio level. i'm about to do this myself. whats strange is that the ringers sound loud as hell .

She won't let me touch her stuff and there has been no interfacing of male and female connectors...I know, sounds like marriage. :p Her phone is off-limits for the time being (until she learns how to use it) because she knows that I'll tinker with it and I know that I'll start to lecture her on how to use it. I simply let her see what I'm doing on my EVO and she'll ask questions when she's not busy and feels like learning something about a specific gadget.

On a side note, the earbuds sounded much better today so I am assuming my stuffy-head has something to do with it. And perhaps the the earbud jack wasn't fully seated (due to having a stuffy-head yesterday). Regardless, although the sound output is much improved I am not completely satisfied with the sound quality. However, it is acceptable.

the sound on the evo can be low at times. i believe theres an app for rooted evos that significantly boost audio level. i'm about to do this myself.
That was my impression...the volume level wasn't awful, but the EVO should be capable of belting-out a song at a much higher volume level. I've gone through all the phone setting and was unable to increase the volume. I actually thought about getting a better pair or earbuds (Klipsch, Sennheiser, Bose, etc.), but they won't be much good until I can increase the amps.

whats strange is that the ringers sound loud as hell
Too funny, I noticed this on my way into work this morning...thought I was dreaming.

For the Verizon NFL Mobile App, there was an update to the app itself in the past day or two, in order to continue using it you need to upgrade to Version 2.5.1. When you try to update it take you to the Market and it gives you an error as the NFL Mobile App is not in our Market. The updated apk is available through other sources. Just installed it on my Evo and works like a charm. And best of all, the live NFL Network streaming is now in widescreen, and I would assume RedZone and SNF will be too.

the sound on the evo can be low at times. i believe theres an app for rooted evos that significantly boost audio level. i'm about to do this myself. whats strange is that the ringers sound loud as hell .

Hazlo "RAIZ" brochacho .. it's not that hard to rooooooooooooooooot

That was my impression...the volume level wasn't awful, but the EVO should be capable of belting-out a song at a much higher volume level. I've gone through all the phone setting and was unable to increase the volume. I actually thought about getting a better pair or earbuds (Klipsch, Sennheiser, Bose, etc.), but they won't be much good until I can increase the amps.

Too funny, I noticed this on my way into work this morning...thought I was dreaming.
the app mixzing has an eq where you can boost audio for your music. you will notice an improvement for sure

Thanks! This should solve some issues playing MP3s, but what do I do to improve streaming Internet audio (e.g., Pandora, Youtube)?
yeah i hear ya. i'm seeing some custom roms that allow you to boost the audio all the way around but i still haven't gotten comfortable with doing this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)