Sprint to begin selling the iphone 4 as well as iphone 5

I don't see 4G being an issue this year as it isn't available in enough areas yet. Next year 4G will be more important.

Yep. Marketing is one thing, reality another. It'll be at least a year, and I'd say more like two, before there's any significant 4G available. So the iPhone After 5 will likely be launched before 4G signals are widespread.

If the price is right, I will get the iphone on sprint, if not I will keep my HTC EVO.

Yes my OG evo can do 99% of what other current android phones do, (Make calls,send texts, smooth web browser with flash,video chat,etc) I hate it every time I see people buying the new android phones because they look pretty and are faster by a m/s than others. Benchmarks are for geeks seeking bragging rights.

If the price is right, I will get the iphone on sprint, if not I will keep my HTC EVO.

Yes my OG evo can do 99% of what other current android phones do, (Make calls,send texts, smooth web browser with flash,video chat,etc) I hate it every time I see people buying the new android phones because they look pretty and are faster by a m/s than others. Benchmarks are for geeks seeking bragging rights.

U might wanna look into the new Samsung's 4.5 inch with Super Amoled screene due soon..

Sent with my rooted eVo using Tapatalk.

pro96 said:
U might wanna look into the new Samsung's 4.5 inch with Super Amoled screene due soon..

The Epic 4G Touch or the Sprint Galaxy S 2. That's coming out September 16th.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

The Epic 4G Touch or the Sprint Galaxy S 2. That's coming out September 16th.

Yeap I will be lookin at that one to possibly replace my evo

I would go with Sprint, but their packages are way too expensive, even with my teacher discount. I am hoping TMobile gets the iPhone and the iPhone qualifies for their unlimited data, text, and talk plan

I would go with Sprint, but their packages are way too expensive, even with my teacher discount. I am hoping TMobile gets the iPhone and the iPhone qualifies for their unlimited data, text, and talk plan

It must depend on your current provider because I switched from AT&T to Sprint last fall (4 lines) and got unlimited data, text, and 1500 minutes for $10 per month less. With AT&T, data was strictly limited, I had to pay $10 per line for unlimited text and talk was 750 minutes.

I had an iphone then had a android. The entire time you have an android you try to get it so it works like an iPhone and you see apps on the iPhone you wish you had on android. Dont get me wrong eventually they do come to Android, but its like the phone is some red headed stepchild or something.

Stop trying to downgrade your phone all the time and it might work :)

I think it is what you start out with... I started with android and can't stand to use the kids ipod touch and fool with itunes that never works right. So I feel your pain but just the opposite.

I'm in somewhat of a delima as we are moving to an area that the Sprint signal isn't as strong, and my commute to work if we move where my wife is looking at has spots of roaming. I really like Sprint's price and the unlimited data. I don't like the tiered plans from AT&T and Verizon. Both AT&T and Verizon are a good $20-30 more a month BEFORE taxes.

I'm getting a Sprint Airave to try out to see if it improves the signal where I'm at and where we are looking to move to.

It must depend on your current provider because I switched from AT&T to Sprint last fall (4 lines) and got unlimited data, text, and 1500 minutes for $10 per month less. With AT&T, data was strictly limited, I had to pay $10 per line for unlimited text and talk was 750 minutes.
With me the issue is my grandfathered package I currently have. I would pay more with Sprint than with ATT. My wife and I together currently pay $40/month for phone service and each pay $30/month for data/network service. Both phones together are $100/month. With TMobile we can each do an unlimited plan for $50/month each for a total of $100/month. There is nothing I can find with Sprint that can match that, unless I am missing something

Stop trying to downgrade your phone all the time and it might work :)

I think it is what you start out with... I started with android and can't stand to use the kids ipod touch and fool with itunes that never works right. So I feel your pain but just the opposite.
I have a Galaxy Tablet, an iPad, and iPhone. Even though I am far from an Apple guy, I prefer the iDevices.

With me the issue is my grandfathered package I currently have. I would pay more with Sprint than with ATT. My wife and I together currently pay $40/month for phone service and each pay $30/month for data/network service. Both phones together are $100/month. With TMobile we can each do an unlimited plan for $50/month each for a total of $100/month. There is nothing I can find with Sprint that can match that, unless I am missing something

You mentioned a teacher discount earlier. I get a 23% discount through my employer.

Take a look at the Everything Data Family plan: http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/plan/plan_wall.jsp?tabId=pt_shared_tab&flow=AAL&planFamilyType=null

This is what I have. At 1500 minutes, lines 1 & 2 are included for $129 and if your discount is anything like mine it brings it down to about $100. Additional lines can be added for $20, before discount...

Got a quote on switching to Sprint. They eliminated their $125/line "port-in" credit for switching from another carrier in Illinois, so that was a no-go. Price about the same as Verizon. I guess I'll just stick with Big Red.

rockymtnhigh said:
Got a quote on switching to Sprint. They eliminated their $125/line "port-in" credit for switching from another carrier in Illinois, so that was a no-go. Price about the same as Verizon. I guess I'll just stick with Big Red.

Verizon has the better network anyway.

The thing that really prevents me from switching from Sprint to Verizon is the data plan. I don't want to have to keep worrying that I'm about to exceed my limit every month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)