Sprint's Instinct Reaches Record Sales

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Sprint's Instinct Reaches Record Sales - Dubbed just an iPhone-copy, it's still managed to sell well - dslreports.com

Dubbed just an iPhone-copy, it's still managed to sell well
01:56PM Sunday Jun 29 2008 by KathrynV
tags: business · wireless · hardware · Sprint Broadband Direct

Sprint recently teamed up with Samsung to offer a phone called the Instinct which many have said is just a copy of the iPhone with less memory and other drawbacks. Despite these negative initial reports, the phone managed to do well in the market, reaching record-breaking sales in the first week that it was launched. It is believed that this was due to the phone's similarity to the iPhone and the fact that it was released a few weeks prior to the iPhone at a significantly lower price. Some say that these sales are just a temporary thing which will decrease considerably as soon as the new iPhone hits the stores but Sprint and Samsung are hedging their bets the lower cost will keep sales high.

The phone looks really good but how does it run? Anyone have one yet and what do you think about it so far?? :)

As for the phone, It's not a PDA. It does what's advertised, and so far I like it. It has a few quirks, and the mobilesync for the addressbook needs LOTS of work.

For what I use the phone for (Phone, Email, web), it works well.

The GPS app is nice, and I think it competes well with my stand-alone Garmin, but I wish the speaker on the phone was louder.

So far so good. As to SERO, it's supposed to be available on SERO after July 11 or so.

Agree with LER's points...had mine since Saturday and very happy with it so far, coming from an A900. I really like the touchscreen's responsiveness and the interface itself as well. Much better than the GLYDE that I'd looked at, IMO.

The web browser works fairly well, but nowhere near as fast as the advertising would lead you to believe. (surprise). The email interface works quite nice on the Instinct. It only took a couple minutes to setup my work email, and it's worked perfectly since, at least for my needs. Havent actually tried the GPS out yet, but it looks good from what I've played with so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)