Squished picture on my 722k. Why?

Zorlac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
Iowa
For some reason my picture is narrow on my 722k. I am in single user mode, no settings were changed. As you can see in pip mode one is normal, and the tether is not. The picture remains in hd, but squished. If I press swap then it's all normal. Pressing the format button does nothing at all. If I change to an sd channel it looks fine but again pressing the format button does nothing. Changing the format on my tv also doesn't fix it.

I swap pip and stay in the mode that looks normal but if I'm recording 2 shows at the same time I can't watch the other because of the picture problem.

So how do I fix this and why is it happening? Attached a pic on the bottom. Note that the left pip is supposed to be widescreen but is squished while the right pip is what it should be like.

image.jpg

Did a factory defaults reset and that seems to have done something to fix it. But now when I try to view my DVD schedule by pressing dvr 3 times a popup says no program guide. So I do what it tells me and unplug the thing for ten seconds. But I'm still getting this error even though my program guide looks just fine.

Edit- created a new timer and that seems to have solved it. I can now see all my timers and upcoming schedule. Still need to know what was up with the picture thing though.

Sometimes odd things just happen. I'd suggest next time to just try a simple reset by pushing the button inside the right hand front door. That'll probably fix you up without having to redo everything.

I had a 622 that did that same thing with the squished picture on one tuner. I never could figure out what was wrong with it but everything else worked perfect so I was hesitant to send it back for a new one. I lived with it for years until I upgraded to HWS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)