SSD v HDD For Laptop

I hope you are doing regular backups -- RAID 0 is very risky regardless of drive technology.

That's what Ive heard. I have 3 drives in Raid 0 for my HD video editing platform for speed. I think I'll leave the HD scratch drive Raid alone since it is just a work drive and normally only carries files for the current project. The C drive, while speed is nice, I agree that the increased risk of failure is not justified. Thinking about a mirror instead. The only good thing about my situation today is I'm no longer doing mission critical work, ie work that has broadcast deadlines to meet but I don't cherish the thought of a C drive recovery.

I've been using RAID 0 for nine years now. I'm on my fourth desktop build using RAID 0. I have never had a drive failure with a raid set. I have been extremely lucky. I should buy a lottery ticket! But I do have a backup and move files to permanant storage off the system drive often. I agree that RAID 0 is extremely risky versus benefit. But like a race car driver I won't quit until I crash too many times, LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)