SSTV from the ISS coming up!

Had a couple of good passes early this morning. Merry Christmas.

Attachments

• ISS SSTV 1.jpg
    ISS SSTV 1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 194
  • ISS SSTV 2.jpg
    ISS SSTV 2.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: Foxbat and KE4EST
Getting some flawless beautiful pictures today. Either conditions are just right or they turned up the power.

Reactions: Titanium
Back in September they turned on a new rig on the ISS. A modified Kenwood D710G. I believe power out is now 25 watts, from the previous rig's output of 5 watts.

I'm using a unity gain discone antenna with a few dB of coax loss. The signal often pegs the S meter of my TS2000x at 60 over S9.

Reactions: Titanium and N5XZS
Back in September they turned on a new rig on the ISS. A modified Kenwood D710G. I believe power out is now 25 watts, from the previous rig's output of 5 watts.
Yep, I remember reading about that now. Even heard a little voice on it, until they stopped that.

Reactions: Titanium
Make very good sense of line of sight signal when the signal comes up from the West horizon, and when almost over the top of your vertical or direct over your vertical mag mount antenna and the swoop down to East horizon signal gets better before it's dips below Eastern horizon line of site. :cool:

I hope I don't to get carry away detailing this stuff!:hatsoff

Still getting some cool images. I still love watching the images come in the same as I did years ago, mostly on 20 meters.
I am using an "updated" version of MMSSTV. You can find it here: YONIQ – GRUPO RADIO GALENA
If your Spanish is too rusty, just go down to where you see: Descarga de MMSSTV 1.13 YONIQ.
That downloads the YONIQ version. This guy took the original which is on github open source and just added some features and fixed a few things a little better. Eugenio Fernández, EA1ADA, made some improvements, including an indication of the percentage of image sent and received, improved image reception settings, etc. When you first install it will be in Spanish. You will need to stumble your way through the settings to switch it to English if you prefer.

Of course you can run Google translate on the link above to read the whole thing. Just thought you guys might be interested.

Above I wrote: "updated" because at first glance it looks the exact same as the last version of MMSSTV from 2010. Under the hood though, is mostly where the improvements and additions are found. :)

Thanks KE4EST. Downloaded YONIQ and managed to catch what might be the the last pass in the current SSTV session.

One thing I noticed. Even though I installed YONIQ in a separate folder from the original MMSSTV, YONIQ was saving the images in the original history folder, overwriting my old images that had the default file names of Hist1, Hist2... So be aware.

To change the menus to English:

From the menu bar click on Opciones.
In the drop down menu click on Configurar MMSSTV.
In the window that pops up, select the Misc tab.
Near the bottom right, click on the Ingles button.
Then click on a couple of OKs. Didn't need to restart to switch to English. YMMV.

Hist1.jpg

Back again tomorrow, starting at 0935 UTC. 145.800MHz :)

MAI-75 SSTV June 9 and 10

MAI-75 will be conducting their experiment of transmitting SSTV images over specific orbits that overfly Moscow on June 9 and 10. Amateurs along the ground track of these orbits should have the opportunity to receive these images as well. Modes and targeted transmission periods are listed below.
SSTV images will be transmitted at 145.800 MHz using a Kenwood TM-D710 transceiver. They are expected to use the PD-120 SSTV format .
Schedule:
  • June 09, 2021 (Wednesday) - from ~ 09:35 UTC until 13:45 UTC (time may change).
  • June 10, 2021 (Thursday) - from ~ 08:55 UTC until 14:25 UTC (times may change).
Thanks to R4UAB for the initial info.

****Update - June 1, 2021
Times on June 10 have been extended due to some other scheduling requirements. Looks like N. America will get one more pass now. :)
June 9 - 09:35 - 13:50 UTC
June 10 - 08:55 - 15:50 UTC.

SB SPACE @ ARL $ARLS007
ARLS007 Slow-Scan TV Event from International Space Station Set

ZCZC AS07
QST de W1AW
Space Bulletin 007 ARLS007
From ARRL Headquarters
Newington, CT June 17, 2021
To all radio amateurs

SB SPACE ARL ARLS007
ARLS007 Slow-Scan TV Event from International Space Station Set

A slow-scan television (SSTV) event from June 21 - 26 will focus on
amateur radio on the Space Shuttle, the Mir space station, and the
International Space Station, Amateur Radio on the International
Space Station (ARISS) has announced. Transmissions will be on
145.800 MHz FM using PD120 SSTV mode.

"The ARISS team will be transmitting SSTV images continuously from
June 21 until June 26," ARISS said in announcing the upcoming event.
"The images will be related to some of the amateur radio activities
that have occurred on the space shuttle, the Mir space station, and
the International Space Station."

Transmissions will start at or about 0940 UTC on Monday, June 21 and
will end by 1830 UTC on Saturday, June 26.

"Those that recently
missed the opportunity during the limited period of MAI
transmissions should have numerous chances over the 6-day period to
capture many - if not all 12 - of the images."

The ARISS SSTV blog - located at ARISS-SSTV images -
will post the latest information. Signals should be receivable on a
handheld with a quarter-wave whip antenna. Use 25 kHz channel
spacing if available.

Pass time predictions are available on the AMSAT website at,
AMSAT - AMSAT Online Satellite Pass Predictions .
NNNN
/EX

Here are a few of the images that I've received in the last two days. As usual, the sequence of images is somewhat synchronous with the orbit of the ISS, so I've gotten as many as 7 copies of some images and none of a few others. Hopefully I will receive the others later in the week.

The FM voice repeater (downlink 437.800 MHz) is also active at the same time. Very cool to be getting both SSTV and voice from the ISS at the same time.

03-2.jpg06-1.jpg12-1.jpg

I have gotten a couple so far. Yes, it is very cool to hear the repeater on 437.800!

Reactions: lost_mesa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)