St. Louis NBC (Ch. 5) audio issues?

CopyChief

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
Last night I watched (DVRed) the Heroes premiere on my 722, and it was plagued with intermittent audio dropouts -- I'd watch the display on my receiver that normally shows all five channels, and they'd disappear during the dropout, as if it was totally losing the signal.

Tonight I watched about 5 minutes of the Knight Rider premiere (ugh) and noticed a few dropouts, too.

I have not noticed dropouts on any other channels -- right now I'm watching the Cardinals play on Fox Sports Midwest and there have been no problems.

Anyone else notice this? Is it a Ch. 5 problem, an NBC issue or a Dish issue? Or my own problem?

Thanks --

Probably not Dish. I get my locals both OTA and thru Dish. Whenever there has been a problem on Dish locals, I'd switch to OTA and find the same problem. I suspect network feed issues.

It's terrible. There are 3 or 4 threads about this issue which seems to be in quite a few different markets. Perhaps they're all locals off of a certain sat or something?

Last night I watched (DVRed) the Heroes premiere on my 722, and it was plagued with intermittent audio dropouts -- I'd watch the display on my receiver that normally shows all five channels, and they'd disappear during the dropout, as if it was totally losing the signal.

Tonight I watched about 5 minutes of the Knight Rider premiere (ugh) and noticed a few dropouts, too.

I have not noticed dropouts on any other channels -- right now I'm watching the Cardinals play on Fox Sports Midwest and there have been no problems.

Anyone else notice this? Is it a Ch. 5 problem, an NBC issue or a Dish issue? Or my own problem?

Thanks --

I'd have that problem from time to time as well but I'm watching it live on a 322. I also have noticed it on channel 46 too.

But amazing, when the Cardinals were on channel 5 and we had to endure Jay Randolph these past 2 seasons, when I actually WANTED audio dropouts, we never got any problems.

i have noticed this on just about all the cbs shows while watching on the dvr with what we have seen so far this season.

Both KTVI (Channel 2) and KSDK (Channel 5) are on 118 tp 18. I am not sure if the sat has slowly drifted a slight amount or what, but I had similar issues, and my father in law is currently experiencing the same as well. I re-peaked my dish based on 118 tp 18 and it was the difference in night and day. I gain about 20 points worth of reception with just a very very minor tweak to the elevation. Went from not beng able to lock the two channels most of the time, to having no reception issues at all. You might want to check your signal strength and see if it is low.

But especially on sunday during The Simpsons, Family Guy I get Audio drop outs on KTVI...it drives me crazy

Maybe I'm confused. I thought that's what this meant from the 26th's uplink report.

6453(30) - KDNL [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 07 Area 8 beam (NA)(St. Louis, MO)
6454(4) - KMOV [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 07 Area 8 beam (NA)(St. Louis, MO)
6455(5) - KSDK [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 07 Area 8 beam (NA)(St. Louis, MO)
6456(2) - KTVI [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 07 Area 8 beam (NA)(St. Louis, MO)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ivity-report-9-26-2008-5-32pm-54-changes.html

Whew! I thought my 722 was bad, I'm glad I found this post. I noticed the audio droputs during Heroes recordings on KSDK the past two weeks. I do believe it is a Dish issue because this past Sunday I paused Family Guy and when I resumed I had dropouts. I switched to live tv and they were gone. I pushed the back button and they came back.