ST3688 data "upload" question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cbpa

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 5, 2005
Has anyone successfully "uploaded" (seems backwards) data from their ST3688 to the PC?

I prefer to use my PC to view news feeds and control the dish motor. However, the ST3688 blind scan is needed for finding the feeds (without autosymbolratedetect support on the chip, these cards are impossible to get a reasonable scan time). I was hoping to scan several sats with the ST3688, send the data to the PC and parse it for the DVB viewing app.

I've used the current loader (?v2.02), several good serial cables and several PC's (with Win 98, Win2000, WinXP) without success. Although I think I've tried virtually every combination this what I do / see.

On the PC: start the loader program, choose "upload data", choose a file name to "upload" to

On the ST3688: choose upgrade, transfer type of "IRD to PC", mode of "Data" and then hit "Transfer"

At that point, I hit "START" on the PC loader program. The ST3688 acknowledges this by saying "Software Version Correct, Start Upload". The loader program on the PC updates to say "uploading". At this point both machines seem in sync but nothing appears to be happening (ie. nothing in either machines progress bar - always at zero - I've waited as long as 12 hours without any progress). I can disconnect either side and the other doesn't acknowledge the disconnect - both just continue to do nothing.

I've taken over the com port in use and can see something coming from the ST3688 (numeric strings - some ascending) slowly.

Does anyone have a positive experience with this type of "upload"? If so, I'd appreciate knowing: what version of the loader software is being used, what firmware version of the ST3688 (mine is the last made in June of 04), how long it takes to "upload" the data, your procedure / sequence between the ST3688 and the PC.

Thanks, and any help is appreciated.

I have try it also without succes and I think with all the SW. Transfer from Receiver to Receiver work without problem.
I hope some one have succes.

Saludos
Hiebert

I was able to download software from PC to the box (I once swicthed the 3688 to the 3618) but cant even do that now :(

Thank you both for the replies. It looks like the ST3688 may not be the best platform for this - although (I have nothing else to compare it with) the blind scan works very well on this unit.

Since I'll make some investment in time in the parsing / DVB app. loading program, I'll pick one of the more common blind scan receivers to work with. I've read the reviews and monitored others use of channel editing software so I have an idea of what will work.

Thanks again, I really enjoy the forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts