OTHER Stab HH120 Problem

Elsguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 28, 2013
Botetourt County, VA.
A deer or other animal got tangled in the lnbf coax and pulled the lnbf off of the dish arm and the motor. Completely pulled the F connector off. I bypassed the motor in order to watch the race yesterday so that still works. Will putting a splitter out there allow the motor to move or do I need a new motor? The connection to the receiver is still intact of course. Thanks for all who help.

It would be possible to use a 2GHz rated splitter (2PPP - two port power passing) to provide power and DiSEqC signals to the motor and also for the LNBF. Be sure that the Stab Motor's connection between the previous f-fitting and the PCB is not shorted. If not shorted, it should work fine. Cover the hole with some sealant to prevent water or insects from entering the motor housing.

It would be possible to use a 2GHz rated splitter (2PPP - two port power passing)

And make sure the power passing is BOTH WAYS, so without diodes!
Many power passing splitters have diodes in them, usually indicated by red arrows on the splitter front. But these are not suitable for your purpose.

There are, BTW, reverse power passing splitters that you could also use (e.g. KSP2FRPP 2 Way F Type Splitter 5-2400 MHz Reverse Power Pass - Elite Wholesalers ), but I'd prefer a splitter without diodes whatsoever, which I think are more easy to find (at least here in western Europe).

Greetz,
A33

Thanks to all who responded. I'll see if I have that splitter or if not purchase one. You guys are awesome.

Just wanted to update this project. Had to purchase this splitter from Hypermegasat, and it worked. Maybe I didn't understand the descriptions of different splitters but this one is the only one that works. Several said bidirectional or all ports power passing but the power would only pass one way. Anyway, thanks again to all.
20201113_133201.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)