OTHER STAB Motor dead?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

K4CDN

Original poster
Sep 21, 2022
Spartanburg, SC
a few years back (maybe '18) I bought and had KE4EST install a STAB motor on my FTA Dish. I used it for a while then life got in the way and the TV moved and I never reconnected the AMIKO Mini box and the dish sat out there in the sun. I decided the other day I'd like to use the dish again and it was dead inside.

today I set up at the dish and was able to get a signal on 99W from LNB through a meter to the Amiko Mini. I did a blind scan and it worked - I could see the few foreign channels on 99W. I then set it up through the STAB and it worked on 99W as well (as above). I then tried to move (through the box, not manually) the dish and it appears frozen. I then went back to the LNB through the meter to the Amiko and 99w had quit too (after another blind scan).

At this point I only really want to watch 97W am I best to toss the STAB and put the dish back directly on the pole? or can I manually adjust the STAB to show me 97W?

From a long time ago poster in South Carolina....(appreciate the help then and now!)

Caleb/K4CDN

a few years back (maybe '18) I bought and had KE4EST install a STAB motor on my FTA Dish. I used it for a while then life got in the way and the TV moved and I never reconnected the AMIKO Mini box and the dish sat out there in the sun. I decided the other day I'd like to use the dish again and it was dead inside.

today I set up at the dish and was able to get a signal on 99W from LNB through a meter to the Amiko Mini. I did a blind scan and it worked - I could see the few foreign channels on 99W. I then set it up through the STAB and it worked on 99W as well (as above). I then tried to move (through the box, not manually) the dish and it appears frozen. I then went back to the LNB through the meter to the Amiko and 99w had quit too (after another blind scan).

At this point I only really want to watch 97W am I best to toss the STAB and put the dish back directly on the pole? or can I manually adjust the STAB to show me 97W?

From a long time ago poster in South Carolina....(appreciate the help then and now!)

Caleb/K4CDN

Welcome back! If you are sure that all your connections were good and the motor is the issue then you would have to remove it from the pole to service it anyway. In that case, since you only want 97w, might as well just put the dish on the pole without the motor. Just my two cents. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)