Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
i have a geosatpro 90cm i moved it from a temp tripod mount to a more sturdy mount i aligned the dish and all was working for a couple of days and now when i move the dish to the position the motor thinks is 97w and then try to align it i have to pull on the dish a little to lock 12084 v 2200 and when i release it i get signal on my fs1hd pro meter but i cant lock the transponder as the motor is off a little it seems. is there a fix for this ?

Double check that everything is squared up. A lot of the times when, tightening the four nuts that hold the motor on the pole, it can get pulled off slightly.
I would start over and re-align and when you tighten the bolts make sure you tighten them in a pattern back and forth a little at a time until tight.
The whole time, have your level, making sure everything stays level and squared up.

If the STAB HH90 isn't tracking when using USALS and your Longitude and Latitude settings are correctly entered, the motor/dish is not in alignment.

In addition to KE4EST's suggestions:

Is the pole still plumb and level?

Drive it to a satellite near the top of the arc using USALS. Is it aligned or does it need to be raised/ lowered or east/west pan? Start from there then work the opposite ends of the arc.

One critical point is DO NOT overthighten the bolts holding the motor to the mast. If the mast gets crushed, the motor will never track the arc properly.
Its a lesson I learned the hard way.

Reactions: jmc98 and Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)