Stacking Dioplexers?

fchall

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 8, 2006
Pac.NW-Near Mount Olympus
For clarity
My Dioplexers are physically constructed with two connections on one side and one connection on the other side.
The two connections on one side I will call INPUT connections.
The one connection on the other side I will call OUTPUT connections.
The Dioplexers have two input connections and and one output connection.

Currently;
2 separate signals to the input connections of Dioplexer #1.
The single output connection of Dioplexer #1 goes thru the wall to the single output connection of Dioplexer #2.
The two original separate signals taken off the two input connections of Dioplexer #2.

Works fine.
I'm wondering about ?stacking? the Dioplexers.

Start with three separate signals.
Two of the signals going to the 2 input connections of Dioplexer #1.
The ouput connection of Dioplexer #1 going to one of the input connections of Dioplexer #2.
The 3rd signal going to the other input connection of Dioplexer #2.
The output connection of Dioplexer #2 going thru the wall to the output connection of Dioplexer #3.

One of the intput connections of Dioplexer #3 going directly to TV/Device #1.
The other intput connection of Dioplexer #3 going to the output connection of Dioplexer #4.
The 2 input connections of Dioplexer #4 going to TV/Device #2 and #3.

What do you think?
Thanks; Floyd

This may or may not work, but probably not. Diplexers (or duplexers) are filters--each leg of what you can an "input" covers a different frequency band. If you happen to have a set of frequency bands that work together, then it's possible to stack diplexers.

Splitters, on the other hand, can be stacked with no inherent problem--just the loss of going through the splitter. But splitters have pretty small isolation between the "input" legs--this is one of the advatages of a diplexer--the isolation between "inputs" can be pretty large.

Maybe I can make it clearer.
I have two coax coming from my DPP44.
Both coming to the Living Room(LR).
One of those signals goes to a Dioplexer along with TV2 from the 625.
One coax thru the wall to the Bedroom(BR) where the other Dioplexer is.
This feeds my 301 and TV. Allows me to watch Satelite or TV2 from the Living Room in the Bedroom.

I just put a second 625 in the Bedroom.
Now I want to feed TV2 from the Bedroom to the Living Room and keep the TV2 from the Living Room going to the Bedroom.

I can just pull another coax thru the wall but I thought ?maybe? adding another Dioplexer on each end would allow me to pass 3 signals thru the wall with one coax.
Thanks; Floyd

it sounds to me like you just need to make sure both TV2 signals are on different channels and use a splitter to combine them before going into the diplexer, then use another splitter to split them apart after the diplexer on the other end...

---TV In--\__spliter__
--TV out--/ ????????? \_diplexer___
--sat sig--------------/

(question marks are there for spacing)

then reverse it on the other side... I could be wrong but it should work.

Last edited:
Two splitters will do this, not diplexers.

One splitter in the bedroom, between the diplexer and the TV, split to the TV and the RF output of the 625.

The other splitter in the living room between the diplexer and the TV2 connection to the other room. The 2nd leg goes to the living room TV.

Two splitters will do this, not diplexers.

One splitter in the bedroom, between the diplexer and the TV, split to the TV and the RF output of the 625.

The other splitter in the living room between the diplexer and the TV2 connection to the other room. The 2nd leg goes to the living room TV.
Sounds good but I thought you had to use Dioplexers to combine signals?

Does it matter that I would have signals going both ways thru the spiltter?

diplexers are for putting 2 different type of signals together (regular splitters do not allow the same Freq range as a diplexer). The splitter will merge the signals together. Such as you should be able to watch both of the TV2 outputs on each TV.

What hendrix said. The diplexers have satellite on one side, and antenna (RF) frequencies on the other, with both of them on the combined cable between the pair of diplexers. The goal of the diplexer is to combine an RF frequency with the satellite frequency which goes directly from the dish to the receiver. Outside of the pair of diplexers, the side that has only RF frequencies you can use splitters to combine and split.

What hendrix said. The diplexers have satellite on one side, and antenna (RF) frequencies on the other, with both of them on the combined cable between the pair of diplexers. The goal of the diplexer is to combine an RF frequency with the satellite frequency which goes directly from the dish to the receiver. Outside of the pair of diplexers, the side that has only RF frequencies you can use splitters to combine and split.
I listen and WILL OBEY...:bow
until somebody convinces me otherwise.;)
Thanks

can do with a splitter installed between diplexer and reciever in each room, just make sure both reciever tv 2 outs go on different channels

Talked to Claude at DishStore this morning and expressed doubts;
between Dioplexers and Splitters there's going to be about 14db loss even if it works.
Running a separate coax is the simplest solution.
But I'm going to give it a try with the Splitters.
Just for the cool factor:D...if it works.;)

I'll post again after the parts get here and I try it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)