standard dmx 741 c ku band lnb is it compatible with birdog plus settings or not?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

batzzz19

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2009
los angeles
hxxp://www.satpro.tv/candstandardkuband.aspx

i boughten the above lnb and have never gotten any quality for anything

i was wondering if c ku band lnbs work with the birdog plus

or should i sell it and buy myself a super sat buddy?

but it does only work with an ku band lnb on a small 33 inch dish on sat mex 5 or 6

the reason i want c band and ku band is because there is something on c band or a just a bit of spanish channels

anyways i was wondering that of the above for c band ku band with the birdog

i do get signal off the 6 ws internation dish and read sometimes up to 80signal but never quality

i know for a fact that im aiming at the right location because i got it on my smaller dish

can someone let me know whats going on with this

I'm not familiar with the BirdDog Plus, but do you have the thing set up for C band in the antenna setup menu?

For C band, LNB frequency is 5150, Ku band is 10750 with 22KHz switch "on" (if using
the co-ax jumper as shown in the advertisement).

The only other thing I can think of, is the new LNB sitting proper at the focal point?

Check things over and tell us how you're making out.

Good luck.

I had a BIRDDOG PLUS and sold it for a SUPERBUDDY 29, but it will certainly read C Band Satellites. It may require you to download a new program from the master website where you register it. It's been a while since I used one. They are built for the Direct/Dishnetwork satellites.

Read page 3 of the manual for the Birddog plus... if you don't have one, it can be downloaded from the birdog.com website.

There is a dielectric slab (looks like a piece of fiberglass) that comes with the LNBF.
It should NOT be inserted into the mouth of the feedhorn unless hunting for circular C-band signals.
Remove it if you have it installed, and try again. :up

i need better firmware for birdog plus

i was reading on the forums that you can upgrade for some birdogs and maynot but have to buy
the latest firmware that is imbeded on the birdog to use the lasted firmware

anyword on how i may how i go about this process
mine is using the v1.036 2008 version

the reason below

i think its the 22khz on thats the problem on the setting on my birdog plus

i can get it to that setting because when i go to lnb 0 or lnb 1 and press the little arrow

it take me back to the searching page

i don't know how to get around it

i already registered my birdog

but can access there web page for contacting them

Last edited:
If you have registered, and if you have the manual, then download the files as described on their webpage and update the meter with the satellites of your choice... it's a great meter. The instructions are on their pages.

well i did just that and more

well i did get the manual for the plus

the part where it says hold down the down button for disq lnb to show

when its powered on

and then nothing happens doesn't show switch option

im trying to get it to 22khz on

You probably should contact Birdog customer technical support. They could quickly help you determine if the unit is defective or walk you through the upgrade procedure.

i will try that throught email since i can register to birdog.tv there is an error on there page from both of my computers

Hi again,

I'd like to apologize for my first post. I thought the BirdDog Plus was a receiver. Now I
understand that it's a signal meter. Sorry 'bout that!

This grasshopper still has much to learn! lol

im still wondering if i need that super sat buddy because the birdog plus that i have

doesn't give me option 22khz on on cband because i need it to do that since this

lnb has a built in switch for the c band and ku band signals

any help would be greatly appreciated

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)