standard installation question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JosephB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Atlanta
Does installing a dish on a pole in the front yard come included with standard installation? If not, how much extra does it cost? The only spot with line of sight is out in the front yard, absolutely none on the roof/side of the house.

No trenching involved because my grandfather doesn't want the whole yard torn up right now (we'll bury the cable ourselves in the spring)

Depends on what they decide to charge you for the pole/digging/tripod/whatever because it isnt included. Like Robert said, probably looking at $30-$200 depending on installer and what you can provide prior (pole, hole, etc).

Standard.

JosephB said:
Does installing a dish on a pole in the front yard come included with standard installation? If not, how much extra does it cost? The only spot with line of sight is out in the front yard, absolutely none on the roof/side of the house.

As long as the installation is through D* and the installation requires pole mounting due to line of sight issues, it is included. If installation is provided through outside retailer/ installation company then you are on your own for costs.

So to get this included in the install (or paid for by DirecTV anyway) I need to order from DirecTV for the initial equipment or can I get a "DirecTV installer" by buying the equipment from a third party such as Value Electronics

JosephB said:
So to get this included in the install (or paid for by DirecTV anyway) I need to order from DirecTV for the initial equipment or can I get a "DirecTV installer" by buying the equipment from a third party such as Value Electronics
Robert already answered your question for Value Electronics.

Yep, got a discussion going on with Value Electronics via PM. He's really accommodating. Great guy to work with.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)