Standard service to hd receiver???

chucksrt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Bensalem, pa
Hi I am new to the whole dish thing and I wanted to know if I order dish network standard receiver and service if I am able to upgrade to the HD receiver but not have to get the HD pak?? I don't need all of the extra channels exspecialy the ones in the pak for $9.99 all I want is is my regular channels like CBS,ABC and so on in HD. I don't want to have to get the HD Pak if I don't have to. I need to keep my monthly bill as low as I can so I can get it approved By my Wife :D . Thanks
Chuck

Unless you buy the 811 you will be required to have the HD pack You may be able to find a used one for about $200. That still slightly more than 20 month of the HD pack.

I was going to upgrade to the DVR 921 receiver but I don't want to have to buy the HD Pak from dish network for channels that I don't even really care about.
Chuck

I bought a new 811 for $202 with shipping off of Ebay. Dish network told me I would have to subscribe to the Hd Pak in order to activate the box. They gave the Hd pak to me for half price for one year and I got to say it is a great deal at that price. The OTA HD signals work great through this box and setup was a beeze.

Cards can NOT be moved between receivers. They get married, and they're no divorce.

Martyrhughes: I think you've been scammed - never heard of a PURCHASED 811 requiring the HD Pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)