Standing an H24 receiver on it`s side

Status
Please reply by conversation.

twiseguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 9, 2006
Can I stand an H24 (NON DVR) receiver on it`s side? Just wondering if it will help dissipate any heat build up from underneath. My family wants to place the H24 and the TV in an old dresser remodeled into a TV cabinet. I have concern regarding any heat issues with the H24. I figured laying (securely) the receiver on it`s side will qualm my concerns.

Should be fine. No vents in the top anymore. That considered it may actually run cooler on its side-less heat trapped internally by the top of the case. Internal temp can be checked before/after as a safeguard.

I asked the same thing a few weeks ago about a H23 and havent had any issues after its put on the side

The H24 vents on the sides so if I was to do it, I would take a couple 1" blocks and space it up.

Other options are to get a RF remote. This will allow you to set the receiver anywhere and the remote will work.
If you have an HD/DVR then it probably came with one and you can swap them out.
If you don't have one, and this is what you want to do, let me know. I can get you very reasonably.

Thanks for your responses. I`ve learned to go to SatelliteGuys before even messing with the DTV CSR`s.
I`ve always received helpful and correct information from you.

I know he was...but I do bounce the signal off the wall here in the computer room to change the channel. TV and receiver are behind me so its easier that way :)

I have actually stuck D12's behind wall mounts because the customer did not want to see the receiver and the remotes did not miss a beat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)