Stanley Cup

I get up early in the morning...this old geezer is going to be dragging ass. Hopefully a Wings goal will give me an extra boost in energy.

I'm in the same boat as you, normally up by 5:45 am.

Just checking in on the Tigers game in Oakland.
2-2 tie in the 8th inning.
At this rate they can go back to the hotel and watch the end of the Wings game :up

In years past I remember being up till around 2:30-2:45 for a Wings Playoff game, but those were on the west coast.

Jimbo

Well I guess it will catch up with you sooner or later, having to kill 4 penalties in OT is rerdiculas, particularly when the first 2 were BS penalties.
The Hudler penalty had to be called.

On to Pittsburgh ...

Jimbo

Marc-Andre Fleury was BEYOND sensational.

I actually thought, after his rookie season, he was a BUST!

Fleury earned his pay tonight for sure.

What a game! Wings fans thought they had the cup with 34 seconds to go and the Pens pulled the sucker right out of their mouths. From shining to whining. Even if it ends in game six, tonight was worth staying up for.

How can anyone not like to watch hockey?

:tux: :up

Last edited:
Fluery earned his pay tonight for sure.

What a game! Wings fans thought they had the cup with 34 seconds to go and the Pens pulled the sucker right out of their mouths. From shining to whining. Even if it ends in game six, tonight was worth staying up for.

How can anyone not like to watch hockey?

:tux: :up

Yup,
Flurey played great, kept him in the game all the way.
Wings peppered him for 2-3 minutes at a time at various stretches of the game and he stopped enough to win, give him the # 1 star ...

Yes this was a very exciting game, NBC 's rating for the next game should be up on Wenesday after those that did not see it, hear about it, much like last Saturday's game after the previous game.

That was awesome hockey ....

Jimbo

It was a great game 5. Fleury won that game for the Pens. If they had any other goalie that night they would have lost that game well before overtime.

It was a great game 5. Fleury won that game for the Pens. If they had any other goalie that night they would have lost that game well before overtime.

You can say the same for Osgood. :)

Hope the Pens have something left Wednesday after last night. You know the Wings will (those old coots ;)).

You can say the same for Osgood. :)

I have to respectfully disagree with this one. Osgood only faced 20 shots on goal in the first three period's and only stopped 17. Fluery faced 47 with 44 stops. They bombarded him every chance they got and he stood strong in goal. There are a few that I still don't understand how he stopped the shot. :D

I have to respectfully disagree with this one. Osgood only faced 20 shots on goal in the first three period's and only stopped 17. Fluery faced 47 with 44 stops. They bombarded him every chance they got and he stood strong in goal. There are a few that I still don't understand how he stopped the shot. :D

Yes, but Jag, the shot total you saw last night is what a typical Red Wings game looks like when done, they NORMALLY get around 40-50 shots during the regular season, this did not surprise me at all.

On many occasions in previous years, it would be mentioned that the Wings made the other goalie look like a star.

Last night he WAS the star.
As for Ozzie, if he had more work, he may be sharper, that said, I don't blame Ozzie at all.

It's a shame Kronwall scored a goal against his goalie or we would not be talking about OT.

Jimbo

Yep, he seemed pretty determined in OT to stop those guys. Hope he can keep it up Wednesday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts