Stanley Cup

I'm not blaming the officials, but I've got to say that I really don't understand them , or I don't understand the rules completely, BUT, there sure is no consistency to how penalties are assessed in the NHL. There seems to be different rules for different situations and time of the game. If it's a penalty in the regular season or the first period, it should always be a penalty.

By the way Fleurry was incredible in game 5. The Wings threw everything but the kitchen sink at that kid, and he turned it all away. Hell of a performance. It will be another great game tonight.

Wings will raise the cup FINALLY tonight! Fleury can't possibly be that good again tonight... can he? I gotta say, tonight is all about pride for both teams! Detroit knows they SHOULD have won it all in Game 5. Pens want to prove they really did deserve to win game 5.

My top 2 players from each team tonight:

Det: Filppula, Lidstrom
Pitt: Fleury, Malkin (yep, malkin, I gotta believe he's gonna show up at some point)

And all I can say about game 5 is at least the pens won it on a legitimate penalty, not the BS interference sh*t.

Good controlled power play.... and as I write this, they SCORE!

Ya know, one thing I like about Pen fans is they actually understand the game and don't overreact to every little thing or hit. I hated when the NHL expanded to the south and the fans were crying bout every little thing.

Cmon draper... head shot, looks somewhat accidental, but it's gotta be called, just like stick to the face.

Geesh, do the penguins not understand the 5 on 3 is like a free for all for shooting? Just pepper and get rebounds.... not that I care if they don't get it (being a wings fan)

Edit; Sorry,I can't respect Therrien and his pink ties...

So far, the ref's are proving inconsistent again. WTF! They won't call that penalty on the Wings, but later they will call some other BS interference call.

The announcer calling for a interferance call .....
How, I don't know, looked like both players are allowed to play the puck, unless they changed the rules this week.

Charging call earlier was BS as well.

Jimbo

They are changing the rules every game. Any other game this series, that would have been a penalty, but tonight, it's Ok. This ref crew is wrong in my opinion on 70% of the calls I can remember. I'm still trying to figure out what drake did to get a penalty that stahl didn't do on datsyuk just a minute ago.

Laff, gotta love the Michigan Tech love from the announcers a minute ago. I was at Tech when Ruutu was there, I had a class with him, sat right next to him, he was obviously not there for school. :)

We might as well hand the Cup to the Motown geezer squad, and hear, YET AGAIN, how great Lidstrom does.

BTW, anyone who says Babcock is the NHL's best coach, I don't think so.

He is very lucky to have such a good team- he's like a more successful Flip Saunders, only this one can make it to the championship round.

If Jimbo, Sandra, or myself got to coach a team with a dozen All-Stars, WE could win Lord Stanley's Cup!

To paraphrase Jerry Jones, any 500 coaches could have won a Stanley Cup with the Wings.

Cmon sabres, the wings are playing motivated hockey right now, no need to knock lidstrom, you know you'd be happy is he were on your team. NBC crowd swoons over crosby and now fleury more than I have heard them have man love for lidstrom.

Pens just look tired or drained. They get some bursts, but nothing sustained so far. Osgood just took them down another level with that save. WOOO

We might as well hand the Cup to the Motown geezer squad, and hear, YET AGAIN, how great Lidstrom does.

BTW, anyone who says Babcock is the NHL's best coach, I don't think so.

He is very lucky to have such a good team- he's like a more successful Flip Saunders, only this one can make it to the championship round.

If Jimbo, Sandra, or myself got to coach a team with a dozen All-Stars, WE could win Lord Stanley's Cup!

To paraphrase Jerry Jones, any 500 coaches could have won a Stanley Cup with the Wings.

First of all, who said Babcock was a great coach ???

You next comment reminds me of the Yankees team, ANYBODY could coach it, ya right.

btw, What does Jerry Jones know about HOCKEY ???

He seems to think he can coach HIS team, I'd love to see that, they would go back to the 3 win seasons again.

Cmon sabres, the wings are playing motivated hockey right now, no need to knock lidstrom, you know you'd be happy is he were on your team. NBC crowd swoons over crosby and now fleury more than I have heard them have man love for lidstrom.

Pens just look tired or drained. They get some bursts, but nothing sustained so far. Osgood just took them down another level with that save. WOOO

Ozzie will tell you he should have had the Pens goal.
He made a few GREAT save just before that.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts