Star Choice 30 dish and Linear LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tOtEM

Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
Firstly let me say .. I hope this is being posted in the correct forum .. Please excuse me if not ..

I've just got my hand's on a 30 starChoice dish with Linear LNB "Part Number 150478" I'm going after true FTA will use my Pansat 2700 .. figure i'll head after 121W .. my question .. well .. i'm sure this is just the start .. but my 1st question .. I'm not sure of the setting I would use in Pansat .. as in frequency, LNB type and so on .. Now I have no issues in reading .. but have no idea where to even start ...

TIA
tOtEM

As stated above, nothing really useful on 121w Ku. There is some C-Band, but for those channels you would need a 6 foot dish and C-Band LNB.

I have the same dish. It works pretty good.
I would recommend 123W. After you get that setup, you may want to motorize :D
As far as that LNB goes, I have one of these dishes with the Starchoice LNB... Mine was a standard LNB (not bandstacked) so if yours is the same you should be able to set it up like normal...

single - 10750

LNB skew is important, so make sure you skew your LNB on the dish when you are aligning it.

The stacked LNB looks like a flashlight

The H polarity transponders is different but would work fine for 123W since most channels are vertical

It worked great for 123 ... and yes .. I have the beer can LNB .. a.ka. flashlight .. Ok .. got that going .. now .. have a HughesNet dish .. understnd from reading .. it's a linear as well .. but just not sure of setting for it .. LNB type , Freq and so on .. tried a few searches .. but didn't find alot .. OR should I start a new thread ?

OH .. and i'm just playing around .. had a few dishs given to me over the years .. just getting around to playing now ... My next big one will be a 6ft dish that came with a Innovation 6501 receiver .. but gotta learn to walk before I run ;)

Hobby support here is some the best on the net .. I always end up here.. Perhaps I should start here ..

Thank you all for the help .. Both setups work great ..

uhhhh.... yea....

Hobby support here is some the best on the net ..
I always end up here..
Perhaps I should start here ..
We think so! - :rolleyes:

Not only do you have plenty of knowledgeable folks,
... but they are willing to help...
... at most any hour of the day or night.
And you can get multiple answers, opinions, and points of view!
... which is helpful if you don't understand the first answer! - :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)