Star Choice in Florida.

Its a tricky one.. bigger dish, weaker signal, takes time and patience.. but with some persistance, you will get it.

Trying again today. Have my coffee, my tools, my compass,my signal finder,have re read all your tips .......oh and a sledge hammer ready just in case!!!!.LOL.
Wish me luck!!!!

Hey Guys,
I did it!!!!!. I was totally off with the compass.Duhhh!!.Well the signal strength in Diagnostic c = +6.1 ,Hope thats enough tried to fine tune it but that was the highest i could get. The meter on the screen only says 52.The broker says thats fine and I am awaiting authorization as i type this so fingers crossed.
So thanks to all who posted especially Ultatryon and Iceberg. Without this forum I know I would have quit. Cheers

Got my system activated. Picture and sound quality excellent.50% better then BEV,no grainy picture.I can't tell you how pleased I am.

MRichor,

If you were only interested in the main satellite F1 @ 107.3, I would have just set up a 30" round which would have given you a signal of about 90 and been a lot easier to aim - just stand behind it ala Directv and Dish. I have also suggested to other US folks to try and find an old primestar dish - perfect size and lnb for starchoice- I was told there are tons of them in the landfills! Good luck, hopefully you're up and running

Keith

The P* dish is a Channelmaster 75E or 84E.. which, the 75E is the same as the *C 75E dish.. (just a different brand on it) The 60E dish, which the OP has is smaller, but works fine for the purpose. However, the LNB will not work, to get both sats.. fine for one, but not both.

Then again, if you pick up an old 75E P* dish for basically nothing, then you just need the *C 75E LNB, which would be much cheaper than the entire dish.

However, the OP did mention that the 60E was the largest he could realisticly fit on his balcony, so he should be all set. besides, the signals he is getting is more than sufficient.

Ice: My current setup has an odd delta on EBNO readings.. they are as follows: (3 digit numbers are the channels)
326: 8.5 361: 9.3 465: 8.6 534: 6.8 542: 8.1 544: 6.3

Now, I know the 8s are good, but the only explination I have for the 6s is that perhaps my skew is off by a degree or two? Are those channels on the other bird? Or are they slightly lower powered, and I shouldnt worry?

each transponder on StarChoice might have a little different power

As an example, on TSN (400), its +10.0
but on CBC Thunder Bay (304), its +8.2

So Far so Good , did have a major downpour the other night lost signal for about 10mins.Not a big problem.Anyway the rain and thunder storm made better viewing.(for 10mins at least).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts