Star Plus and Star one coming to Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mruk69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
Music City U.S.A
hxxp://www.startv.com/pressroom/pressrelease.jsp?seq=3409

DISH Network and STAR Strike Multi-Year, Multi-Channel Distribution Deal
Agreement Further Expands DISH Network’s Program Offering to South Asian and Chinese Viewers Across America

Englewood, Colo. and Hong Kong, March 5, 2008 –

DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH), one of the largest satellite TV service providers in America, and STAR, Asia’s leading media and entertainment company, today announced the launch of five popular Asian television channels on the DISH Network platform. The deal represents the biggest U.S. distribution pact to date for STAR, and complements DISH Network’s existing South Asian and Chinese channel line-up.

Beginning March 19, DISH Network’s industry-leading suite of international programming will include STAR India PLUS and STAR India ONE, two of STAR’s most popular Indian channels; three of STAR’s leading Mandarin-language channels, STAR CHINESE CHANNEL, STAR CHINESE MOVIES 2 and music channel CHANNEL [V] Taiwan will be added on March 26.

“This partnership with STAR and the addition of these top-quality international channels further proves DISH Network’s commitment to delivering the best quality and variety of international programming,” said Tracy West, vice president of International Programming for DISH Network. “We’re thrilled to make these popular Indian and Chinese channels available to our customers.”

“Today's announcement allows us to significantly expand the reach of our services to the Asian Diaspora in the U.S.,” said David Wisnia, STAR’s Senior Vice President for Distribution and Sales and head of STAR’s North American and European offices. “We look forward to entertaining Chinese, Taiwanese and Indian viewers with the top-notch programming that has made STAR a household name in Asia, in essence giving them a chance to feel a little closer to their home countries.”

Customers can contact DISH Network at 1-800-333-DISH (3474) or their local retailer for more information on how to subscribe to DISH Network. To learn more about DISH Network’s international programming offers, visit DISH Network -- Home.

STAR CHANNELS FACT SHEET

STAR India PLUS: India’s number one Hindi pay-TV channel regularly features many of the top programs in the country week in, week out. Prime time programs on STAR PLUS include household-name soap operas such as Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thii as well as some of the nation’s favorite reality and game shows.

STAR India ONE: Unleashing the next generation of Hindi entertainment, STAR ONE offers an innovative, diverse mix of programming and cutting edge production values that appeal to urban, upwardly mobile Indian audiences. Top rating programs on the channel include drama Dill Mill Gayye and singing show Bol Baby Bol.

STAR CHINESE CHANNEL: One of the most popular pay-TV channels in Taiwan, STAR CHINESE CHANNEL showcases programming in a wide range of genres including talk shows, game shows, contemporary and costume drama series, as well as lifestyle and variety shows. Signature programs include the self-produced award-winning game show Bingo Pool, chat show Gossip Queen and game show Lucky Star.

CHANNEL [V] Taiwan: The number one-rated music channel in Taiwan featuring original youth programs such as the widely popular Lollipop and Blackie’s Teenage Club; both of which have become must-see shows for Chinese youth across Asia. CHANNEL [V] also hosts massive outdoor concerts, including [V] Power, which showcases some of Asia’s hottest stars performing live in front of thousands of adoring fans. Channel [V] also offers the latest music videos and interviews with pop stars in shows such as [V] My Guest and Chinese Top 20.

STAR CHINESE MOVIES 2: A new channel dedicated to showcasing the best of Chinese motion pictures from the 1970’s to 1990’s, features a stellar line-up of megastars including Jet Li, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Michelle Yeoh, Stephen Chow and Chow Yun Fat, and celebrated filmmakers such as John Woo, Johnny To and Tsui Hark.

-ENDS-

exxcellent !!!!!!!!!

Makes me feel good about choosing Dish over Direct....now if only Dish could get the STAR cricket channel or CricketPlus so they can show the other half of the games we dont receive on Zeesports....:rolleyes:

WOW!!! Now all the people that work at the Dish Network call center will have new channels to watch when they get home.

WOW!!! Now all the people that work at the Dish Network call center will have new channels to watch when they get home.
I'm happy for those Dish Network call center folks but....
I'd rather they watched a lot more John Wayne movies so they could learn to speak with a Texas twang:)

Talon Dancer

Starplus and star one will be ala carte for 24.99 or 14.99 each
they wont be a part of mega pack

I am from india and people in india have to pay only 300rs month. which is 7.5$. Its not HD but a lot of channels for very less price.

Here I pay around 100$ for same service although different channels.

as long as dish remains the only game in town for international channels, we will have to pay whatever they ask for these channels. I was hoping verizon's fios would take up some but they are far behind on their HD plans let alone international channels.

excellent point, yapagaldil....I have looked at every possible option in the US (including U-Verse service) and there is no one that comes even close to this variety of international channels....speaking of, if we could convince other providers to get other channels other than the typical, 'Sony, Zee, & TVAsia', which channels would they be...?

I personally only need B4U music and SonyMax (Bollywood movies) as I dont watch serials and unfortunately I cant justify paying $25/mo. for the only three shows (Antakshiri/Saregama/BoogieWoogie), I'm interested in that aren't serials......

Hopefully these STAR channels are much better in their variety of programming....having been in the US most of my life I wouldnt know...

There is also the option of buying an actual Dish reciever (off eBay or something) and then you could get any provider and pay for these channels a la carte....unfortunately, those receivers are going for $100 and up so thats a bit of a pricey option....

hey guys, it looks like you won't see it in your guide unless you subscribe to the $54.99 South Asian mega pack.....even under the 'All Chan' guide on your receiver, it won't show up....here are the channel numbers for those of you whom do have the package -

716 - starplus
718 - starone

I asked Dish about the possiblity of these channels being offered a la carte, but no one I talked to had any idea at this time, here's hoping these become a la carte soon !

I spoke to a CSR yesterday and they said I should check in 24hours....it's been 24 hours and still dont have anything.