Star Plus and Star one coming to Dish

I've just realized that I don't have great reception when it comes to the 61.5 satellite, do you guys have reception for this satellite ?

If you actually have the mega-pack, my guess is that Dish will have to come back out to your house and aim your satellites in the right direction because the STAR channels are ONLY on 61.5. Although you'd better complain, I dont think they're proactive enough to know that you don't have reception for that satellite.

I read that it was supposed to be available on 118.7 as well. I have pretty good signal for that bird and I still dont have the channels.

For those who may have the Mega Pack and a sat pointed to either 61.5 or 118.7, and still are not getting the Star channels - you will need to call and have them "send a hit" to your receiver. That's what I had to do - and about 20 minutes later, I had them....

Hope this helps.

It's supposed to be available on both 61.5 and 118.7

From the Uplink Report:

Channel Package Flag Changes:
716 - STAR+ [MPEG2 SD] - Anik F3 118.7W TP 17 ConUS beam changed to Available
716 - STAR+ [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 08 ConUS beam changed to Available
718 - STAR1 [MPEG2 SD] - Anik F3 118.7W TP 17 ConUS beam changed to Available
718 - STAR1 [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 14 ConUS beam changed to Available

I just spoke to a technical support agent and she told me to perform a check switch and after everything was completed i got all the channels

Check switch did not work for me so i was told by csr to hold the power button for 10 seconds and let it do a reset. This worked perfectly. The csr said she has received a lot of calls from customers not seeing the channels in the guide.

What about the Star Chinese Chanels? I've heard that they will be included FREE as part of the current Taiwanese mega pack.

If so, that would be wonderful news!

Amazing we can't get any new HD channels, but they can add this crap.

Internationals are a Niche when it comes to D* v E*. I know for a fact that just about every Indian I know subs to the South Asian Mega pack. Some also sub with the Direct Tv pack so that they can watch Cricket on both systems. Also, don't forget the South Asian Mega Pack is $54.99 and I believe the Zee Sports USA is $15.99 or $19.99.

Star Plus and Star One are Indias most popular channels. They are owned by News Corp (Rupert Murdoch) and were exclusively only available to Direct TV, as News Corp owned them. Now that News Corp is out of Direct Tv's picture they are also available to Dish.

I sub to the 250 +HD+ locals+HBO+Setanta Sports USA+South Asian Mega Pack equalling a not very pretty bill.

Check switch did not work for me so i was told by csr to hold the power button for 10 seconds and let it do a reset. This worked perfectly. The csr said she has received a lot of calls from customers not seeing the channels in the guide.

Are you still getting those channels and if so what type of receiver do you have?

Are you still getting those channels and if so what type of receiver do you have?

Yes, I have a VIP 722.

Go to the front of your receiver, hold down the power button and count to 10. Let go and the reciever will automatically reboot some receivers take longer to reboot. I am pointed at 119,110,129 and 61.5.

Good Luck

Guys Star TV help

I am pointed to 148 for my dish 500. I just noticed that star signal is on 61.5
How do I point to 61.5 ? will it be south east or south west?
Is there any manual to help me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)