Star Trek Dicovery season 1 to air on CBS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joewhite57

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2009
Indiana
Heads up to trekkies out there who either haven’t watched Star Trek Discovery or want to catch it again without subbing to all access CBS is going to air the first season on September 24th. I was able to set a seek timer this morning and with any luck it will fire correctly.

Probably offered for free on CBS because they can't create much new content with COVID and need something to fill time.

Or they just want to promote season 1 and get more people hooked enough to buy 'all access'.
They did the same thing with that Good Wife spinoff last year, so probably a combination of the two.

Reactions: N6BY
We have really enjoyed this series. Waiting for season 3 coming next month. We just pay the $5.95 for the month and then cancel until the next season.

Anybody who thinks the first season of that horrid show will get people hooked enough to pay for more of it is kidding themselves.

The main lesson here is that NOTHING is "exclusive" to any streaming service. EVERYTHING will eventually find its way to over the air TV. Your kids will be watching reruns of this show on Comet channel at 2 AM in 10 years.

Anybody who thinks the first season of that horrid show will get people hooked enough to pay for more of it is kidding themselves.

The main lesson here is that NOTHING is "exclusive" to any streaming service. EVERYTHING will eventually find its way to over the air TV. Your kids will be watching reruns of this show on Comet channel at 2 AM in 10 years.
I dont think this would have gone to broadcast CBS in normal circumstances, or at least this quickly. However, the networks are so thin on content they can show, they are doing things they normally would not.

Personally, I really enjoyed Discovery. The first season got much better as it went along, and the second built on that and IMO was excellent.

I never watched it, and I was worried about this. But I set a timer anyhow on my H3, so after some time delay, autohop should eviscerate the commercials, at least. I can always delete these episodes later if I find it unwatchable. I did watch the 2nd season, which I found entertaining even though the Discovery was hopelessly more advanced than Enterprise was in TOS. Spore drive... Ha!

As mentioned the first season got better as it went. The second season completely overshadows the first. Excellent stuff! I'm looking forward to season three.

Reactions: Ronnie-
The original Star Trek was "woke".

Yup; TOS had the first interracial kiss on national TV.

151120144652-nichelle-nichols-williams-shatner-kiss-exlarge-169.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts