Star Trek: Picard

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
With Q having the issues he’s been experiencing, and a Borg Princess (not quite a Queen yet), is there a story line that gets them to meet and the Borg assimilate the Q Continuum? Or, at least Q?

I believe that I am the same age range as both of you (will be 55 in June) and love binge watching, to the point if a show is weekly, I just wait until it is done, even the Network shows of 20 or more episodes.

Properly explains why I am a few years behind on certain shows, even being retired for 3 years now, I still cannot catch up.
But you will sit and watch more than one or two episodes? I can do 2 tops ,but quickly get bored and need to get up and do something else. I need to keep moving in retirement or it will end badly in the end. So to the Ymca I go at least 3 times a week and walk 5 days a week and do chores on the weekends. I know some people that will binge watch an entire series of shows in one day , like 8 to 10 episodes. My eyes would bug out if I watched that many of the same thing. I guess I have become serialized since I watched tv shows the same way on network tv.

Reactions: Zookster
But you will sit and watch more than one or two episodes? I can do 2 tops ,but quickly get bored and need to get up and do something else. I need to keep moving in retirement or it will end badly in the end. So to the Ymca I go at least 3 times a week and walk 5 days a week and do chores on the weekends. I know some people that will binge watch an entire series of shows in one day , like 8 to 10 episodes. My eyes would bug out if I watched that many of the same thing. I guess I have become serialized since I watched tv shows the same way on network tv.
I am up at 4am everyday ( Dogs seem to know when to wake me up) , go outside and ride the Life Cycle for 2 hours while watching something on the projector, make breakfast ( eggs, Chicken or Steak-I have Celiac), go to the Gym, come home, do the Life Cycle again for a hour, rest of the day free as of 9am to do whatever things I need to do, today Legal Stuff due to my wife’s death and tossing clutter around the house, I have a cleaning crew come in twice a week, so that frees me up.

Tomorrow and everyday, rinse and repeat.

And normally yes, I could easily watch a 6-8 episodes in a day, one of the last things my wife and I watched together was Boba Fett, started in the morning, done by evening, helped that some episodes where short.

But today, not really in the mood to watch anything after dealing with the legal stuff.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
True, but he was shown at the table ( far left) with the rest of the crew at the Wedding Celebration when Picard gave his speech and again, Wesley was wearing a StarFleet dress uniform, the deleted scene just gave information why he was there instead of with the Traveler.

View attachment 156482
So, what did they say as why he was there ?

I think the Picard writers, hacks that they may be, have achieved their aim considering how much we're discussing this show. I started watching S1E1, got bored, and never finished it. I haven't watched another episode. :D

Reactions: Derwin0
I think the Picard writers, hacks that they may be, have achieved their aim considering how much we're discussing this show. I started watching S1E1, got bored, and never finished it. I haven't watched another episode. :D

It seems most of the discussion for this season is disappointment.

I have not started yet.

Reactions: TheKrell
Watching only 1 episode .... never gets you anywhere.
You have no time to get into what actors are doing what, you don't know anyone.

IF your a STNG fan, you'll enjoy it.
If your someone that only likes a particular ST, then probably not.

I happen to have liked STNG best .... I'm enjoying it.

Sir Patrick Stewart is phenomenal ...

Last edited:
Watching only 1 episode .... never gets you anywhere.
You have no time to get into what actors are doing what, you don't know anyone.

IF your a STNG fan, you'll enjoy it.
If your someone that only likes a particular ST, then probably not.

I happen to have liked STNG best .... I'm enjoying it.

Sir Patrick Stewart is phenomenal ...
I think it is because I am such a TNG fan that I so very much want more, and am left disappointed by the recycling of ideas (going back to the 21st century/like ST IV to 1984), and the absolutely wasted childhood trauma for two episodes.

I just think there is so much more they could have done. But I am guardedly hopeful for episode 9 and 10.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I think it is because I am such a TNG fan that I so very much want more, and am left disappointed by the recycling of ideas (going back to the 21st century/like ST IV to 1984), and the absolutely wasted childhood trauma for two episodes.

I just think there is so much more they could have done. But I am guardedly hopeful for episode 9 and 10.
As for exploring the Childhood memories, you have to remember, this whole show, revolves around Picard.

I could have done with about 1/2 the time dedicated to the childhood, it was ok, just went on too long.

As for going back in time, they've done it before, why not again .... didn't bother me ... it's how they brought Guinan into the show ... remember, she has been in many many time frames, having lived forages.

I suppose they could have jumped into the future instead, but that wouldn't help with thier Q issue.

As for exploring the Childhood memories, you have to remember, this whole show, revolves around Picard.

I could have done with about 1/2 the time dedicated to the childhood, it was ok, just went on too long.

As for going back in time, they've done it before, why not again .... didn't bother me ... it's how they brought Guinan into the show ... remember, she has been in many many time frames, having lived forages.

I suppose they could have jumped into the future instead, but that wouldn't help with thier Q issue.
The childhood trauma could definitely have been dealt with in less time.
the time travel doesn’t bother me, the coming back to the current day (for us) seems unoriginal now.

it just isn’t all that I think it could have been,

The childhood trauma could definitely have been dealt with in less time.
the time travel doesn’t bother me, the coming back to the current day (for us) seems unoriginal now.

it just isn’t all that I think it could have been,
They still have to get back .... via the Borg technology.
I expect Jurati and 7 combine to get them back with a Borg Queen fighting them all the way.

Ok, waitaminute...

Didn't Rios beam into the ship with the doctor and her child whilst the transporter was Borg-locked? Um, how'd that work?

Other than that, I agree, it was very X-Files-ish. I enjoyed it more than the episode prior to it, though it only barely moved the plot forward with only two episodes left...

Non-sequitur Post: I had a “Wait, is that Rios?” moment watching the first episode of the second season of “The Flight Attendant” on HBO Max. Indeed it is Santiago Cabrera playing Cassie’s (Kaley Couco) love interest.

And, another “space opera” crossover with Shohreh Aghdashloo as her AA sponsor.

Reactions: Jimbo
Non-sequitur Post: I had a “Wait, is that Rios?” moment watching the first episode of the second season of “The Flight Attendant” on HBO Max. Indeed it is Santiago Cabrera playing Cassie’s (Kaley Couco) love interest.

And, another “space opera” crossover with Shohreh Aghdashloo as her AA sponsor.
And they gave him a name of Marco .....

Reactions: Foxbat