Star Trek: Picard

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I love how people judge a series before they even watch an episode... I actually like all the new different Star Trek Series, but nothing can compare the the original series. To me I look at them as entirely different points of view, not a continuation or prequels, just an individual series on their own merits. BTW, for a limited time, the premiere episode of Star Trek: Picard is FREE to watch on YouTube...

Reactions: dfergie
Watched the first episode on youtube last night. It was okay, I enjoyed it. But not enough to subscribe though.
I honestly wasnt blown away by the first one either. I enjoyed it because it brought back an old familiar character, but I didnt think it was anything special outside of that. However, the second was much better IMHO, and I fully expect it to continue to improve from what little I have read and seen.

While I have enjoyed both episodes, I found in the 2nd one several areas where they made it hard to hear the person talking, making it difficult to follow the story ...

I hope I'm not the only millennial in this world that doesn't like profanity, facial jewelry piercings and tattoos.
It certainly feels that way when even Star Trek has succumbed to this now. :facepalm
Thats why its on Streaming and not the Networks ....
That way you can do anything you want.

The language did surprise me, however, so far it hasn't become the norm for the show, hopefully it doesn't.

I think Star Trek Picard and Discovery, is way much better than the old show that was heavily restricted by the program's contents is the dumb FCC's censorship board.:rolleyes:

I am enjoying the new and better Star Trek shows and looking forward to the new episodes tonight! :hungry :clapping

One would think, that far in the future, that people would be past body art, piercings and bad language, but evidently writers and producers don't think that way...

It was very un-Star Trek. Was surprised and a bit disappointed, but so far this show is very good. First time I've been excited about anything Trek since some of Enterprise (skipping the horrible theme song) series.

And each week it just gets better.
[automerge]1581185665[/automerge]
Even with that rag tag ship, hearing the TNG theme music and Picard saying "engage" sent shivers down my spine. :)

Reactions: Jimbo and wormil